Product review: MGW adjustable shifter handle

wythors

Get off my lawn!!!
Founding Member
May 17, 2000
C Addle
I have had three different cars with Steeda TriAx shifters and love them. However, after I installed the 03 GT seats in my convertible, I had trouble reaching third and fifth without actually leaning forward a little bit when the seatback was set to where it is most comfortable for me. I have tried three different handles before finding that a stock handle with solid bushings worked the best, but it always felt too tall. My wife got me the MGW adjustable shifter handle for Christmas. I just got done installing it and all I can say is "wow"! First off, the quality is excellent. The base is a beautifully finished, blue anodized casting with no rough edges. The shaft is hardened steel, held in place with two large set screws. What makes this handle special is that you can adjust the shaft for both reach and angle. If you push the shaft all the way in and tilt it straight up, you have something very similar to a Pro5.0 handle. If you extend it all the way out, it can be almost as tall as a stock shifter. I found that extending it about halfway and angling it slightly towards the driver's seat allows me to reach all five gears without moving my shoulder off the seat. Since the shifter is a part you use sometimes hundreds of times a day, the feel is a HUGE part of your driving experience. Because of that, I think that this was $30 well spent. If your shifter doesn't feel "just right", I highly recommend this handle.

• Sponsors (?)