proform 1.6 roller rockers?

• Sponsors (?)

they seem cheap because they are, or atleast compared to some brands out there. the quality is nowhere near FMS and simular rockers IMO. Check valve train geometry if you use them. I know they don't work with twisted wedge heads and recomended pushrods.. Found that out the hard way :) should work ok on other inline valve heads just make sure to check everything and esp. push rod length and how the roller rides on the valve tip..

ponyboy19 said:
they seem cheap because they are, or atleast compared to some brands out there. the quality is nowhere near FMS and simular rockers IMO. Check valve train geometry if you use them. I know they don't work with twisted wedge heads and recomended pushrods.. Found that out the hard way :) should work ok on other inline valve heads just make sure to check everything and esp. push rod length and how the roller rides on the valve tip..

ok, thanks !!

86347gt said:
from personal experience with proform roller rockers. i give you this glimmer of things to come...............breakage lots of breakage.

ok, well, I think I've got a set of scorpion 1.6's coming soon anyways, thanks for lettin' me know (hopefully scorpions are better?)

tx

ponyboy19 said:

This might be a bit of thread necromancy - but do you know why they dont work on TW heads? Can they work with different pushrod length?

Ya I bought a set of those off ebay a few years ago, I never put them on though because several of the rocker shafts were chipped on the small machined lip outside of the c-clips. So I never used them and bought a Comp Cams set instead. Waste of $$, just like the two BBK clutch cables I went through

C0V3R said:
This might be a bit of thread necromancy - but do you know why they dont work on TW heads? Can they work with different pushrod length?

Raised from the dead. They may be ok with a different pushrod. I know they will not work with the recommended push rod length that is recommended. I know the trick flow tech told me that they only recommend the use of FMS or Crane Golds on the twisted wedge heads. Regardless if you can get them to ride correctly on the valve tip with a corrected push rod, IMO the ProForm rockers are cheap. And for the extra 100 bucks I think a set of FMS or Crane's is some cheap insurance. Each to their own though.