Proform split set roller rockers

WDP327

Wild Child
Founding Member
Nov 12, 1999
East Hartford CT
Whats the deal with that set up.
It come with 8 1.6 rockers and 8 1.7 rockers.
Has anybody used these before and if so which ones are for the intake side? The 1.7 or 1.6?
Any insight woukd be awesome!
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

People used to try it back in the day, didn't really produce any results. If you search you can probably find some magazine articles written about it.
I guess they are solving the issue of needing two sets of rockers to make it work.
With that said, unless something has changed, I'm pretty sure proform rockers are the worst you can buy.

Reactions: 1 user
I would guess the 1.7 go on the exhaust side, as the exhaust port in most SBF heads is not as good as it could be.
This is the right answer. @2000xp8 what is a magazine? ;-)
I did read the test articles about mixing roller rocker arms and just switching them when they were initially figuring out how to get more power out of a 302 5.0 with a computer. Nearly Everything got 5-15 Hp with some cool off time, didn’t it?

This is the right answer. @2000xp8 what is a magazine? ;-)
I did read the test articles about mixing roller rocker arms and just switching them when they were initially figuring out how to get more power out of a 302 5.0 with a computer. Nearly Everything got 5-15 Hp with some cool off time, didn’t it?
For the most part i'm a new technology guy, but no computer, phone or tablet will ever be comparable to thumbing through MM&FF and 5.0 magazine with your own hands. That goes for reading schematics and instructions too.
Just try to read a diagram online that requires folding out of 4 pages, lol.

I could have sworn the tests showed about a 5hp gain. But still at the time you needed two sets of rockers at like $250 a set to try it.

• PlusOne
Reactions: 1 users
From my understanding, the rocker arm split is really only beneficial if you have a single pattern cam. Dual pattern cams tend to favor the exhaust side since SBF's need help there. By keeping the advertised lift on the intake side and increasing it on the exhaust side with 1.7's you're essentially replicating a dual pattern cam. So it really boils down to your cam selection.

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users
So they are a junk set? Jegs has them for $209.99
8 are 1.7 and the other 8 are 1.6. I was just trying to search as to why would they mix the set and not be uniform ratios.
It's just weird.
No Wild Child...you need to stop dropping acid, an smokin weed and read the previous replies.

The 1.7 rockers increase the potential lift on the exhaust dude,... an the the 1.6 rockers maintain the status quo...

Chill dude. Sit with your legs crossed over each other,.....Touch your index finger to your thumb and get in touch with your inter-interllectual, and come to terms with your brain waves that are so desperately trying to get out of your clouded head.
Then it won’t be weird..

Last edited:
No Wild Child...you need to stop dropping acid, an smokin weed and read the previous replies.

The 1.7 rockers increase the potential lift on the exhaust dude,... an the the 1.6 rockers maintain the status quo...

Chill dude. Sit with your legs crossed over each other,.....Touch your index finger to your thumb and get in touch with your inter-interllectual, and come to terms with your brain waves that are so desperately trying to get out of your clouded head.
Then it won’t be weird..
LMFAO

The split rockers was a thing that really worked. I used to use it and my cars always ran harder than a regular 5.0. That 1.7 1.6 and the dent in the FPR. I always ported the exhaust side of the stock heads as well. Truck intakes with fabricated uppers usually accompanied those staggered rockers

Reactions: 1 users