Progress pics of my light titanium notch

• Sponsors (?)

Everything looks great except those brakes... must've come over on the Mayflower. Just kidding guy... nice set up.

:lol: Those are the next thing to go. But yeah, they look SOOO out of place on the car next to everything else it's not even funny. Not sure if I'm gonna get a set of baers or the ford racing kit....But the car should have proper brakes in april or may.

going to need a pretty high hood to clear that intake

Yeah...I put a straight edge across the fenders and the intake manifold sits about 3 5/8" above the fenders, so i'll probably be needing a 4 inch cowl.

oh i cant tell in a garage. so yours is light titanium, no frost?

light titanium frost is a bit more white, while the regular titanium color is more beigeish.

Well heres a couple newer pics...

Here's the current state of the engine bay. Couple little things to finish up here, but nothin major. Needs the intake tube, upper rad hose and the MSD 6AL and battery box need to get finished being wired in.

enginepj7.jpg

Heres the battery box in the trunk...Still no batter in there though, but I'll be putting an Optima red top in it.

batteryboxry4.jpg

Attachments

• enginepj7.jpg
    enginepj7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 67
  • batteryboxry4.jpg
    batteryboxry4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 65
Well, finished up wiring the MSD and 3G alternator today. All that's left on the wiring front is the electric fan and the wideband O2 sensor. Also got the heater hose tube painted and installed back on the intake and put the carpet back in the interior after I took all the sound deadening and like 2 lbs of sand out of it.

Slowly comin back together...One day it shall run!

Well...I got some more **** done this weekend. I'm pretty well at a stand still now until I get some more money so I can finish the fuel system and get a cold air intake and mass air sensor, as well as a serpentine belt, a few hoses, pcv valve and some other random stuff...

Here's the current state of the engine bay. Got the rad back in with the Taurus fan mounted to it.

engine3lh0.jpg

The car's got it's wheels back on now and it's standing on its own feet again :D

Any opinions on the ride height? Should I raise the back up some more or leave it where it is?
car2pl4.jpg

Here's a shot of how much ground clearance I have...Not much room between the flange on the headers and the ground!

groundclearance2yj3.jpg

And here is the current state of the interior....Had to leave the seats and center console out for now until the wideband O2 sensor gets wired in.

interiorqt8.jpg

Thats about it for now!

Attachments

• engine3lh0.jpg
    engine3lh0.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 87
  • car2pl4.jpg
    car2pl4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 67
  • groundclearance2yj3.jpg
    groundclearance2yj3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 77
  • interiorqt8.jpg
    interiorqt8.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 59
Here's a couple pics of the battery cutoff switch. You need to mount one of these on the exterior of the car if you put a battery box in the trunk to meet most track rules...I put it here so it's out of the way of pretty well all moisture and dirt, and nobody can really see it either, so it won't get ****ed around with. I thought about putting it behind the license plate, but there trunk latch is kinda in the way, and I didn't much feel like spacing the license plate out enough for this thing to fit behind it either.

batterycutoff1gu4.jpg

batterycutoff2sw7.jpg

I basicly just drilled a hole, and then took my diegrinder to it til the hole was JUST big enough for the switch to fit through....it was almost like a press fit in to the hole...it's VERY snug. I then siliconed the **** out of it. Mounted good enough for me :rlaugh:

Attachments

• batterycutoff2sw7.jpg
    batterycutoff2sw7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 65
  • batterycutoff1gu4.jpg
    batterycutoff1gu4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 69
Well, here's a couple more recent pics of the stang. Haven't got any major work done to it lately...just need to get the fuel lines on it though, and it should be ready to run!

Heres a pic of the new pedals I put in...I place the gas pedal alot closer to the brake pedal than it normally is. Now I can heel toe with some efficiency!

pedalsue6.jpg

And heres a pic of where I mounted the digital screen for the wideband O2 sensor. The plastic plate that I mounted it to pops out of there so I can easily unplug it, plug it in or what ever. It also saved me from drilling any holes in my dash or a-pillars etc. to mount it and run the wires.

widebandks6.jpg

Attachments

• widebandks6.jpg
    widebandks6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 70
  • pedalsue6.jpg
    pedalsue6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 68
Well...I decided to do what is probly the last update before the car is running. Hoping to have it goin next weekend (first weekend of april). Basicly from this point I just need to put the JLT cold air intake/mass air meter on and run the new fuel lines from the tank to the fuel rails. Not too much left :D

Anyway....I just snapped a quick pic of the engine with the rad hoses in, and all the vacuum lines run/blocked off as well as the serpentine belt in. Nothing too exciting :(

i406863_engine5.JPG

Should have some vids of it running next weekend...

You mentioned a red top battery going in. I think that's the same one GTSETGO said burned her car down. It's good you have it in that box though. And you're doing a great job what an inspiration to us all. Have fun.