progress springs

• Sponsors (?)

Don't have them but I saw those after I had purchased my 620's. If I'd seen those first, I would definitely have bought them instead. I wanted the stiffness for handling, but it isn't very practical for ALL driving. I would love a smoother ride over these crappy roads, railroad tracks, potholes,etc...

progressive springs

WHich ones would be a good combination for a 351w, 1" sway bar, TCP uppers, boxed lowers and 4 leaf rears w/ 3/4" adjustable sway. Edlebroock Shocks?

390 to 520 or the 460 to 600 ?

67/73 SMALL AND INTERMEDIATE BLOCK, 390 TO 520 lbs/in . . . . . . . . $159.95
67/73 BIG BLOCK, 460 to 600 lbs/in . . . . . . . . $159.95

In my 69, with 351w I'm running the
67/73 SMALL AND INTERMEDIATE BLOCK, 390 TO 520 lbs/in

I LIKE EM!:nice:

I've got the TCP subs and x-brace, 1 1/8" sway bar with all polygraphite bushings from PST, and the 17" wheels - and it goes through turns sooo nicely.. I haven't done any hard turns over 40 because the back tires start to rub. If your car is mostly street, I don't think you can go wrong. I compensated by getting the bigger sway bar - this way going straight I can get a little more cushion, and when I get into the turns, I figure I'll let the sway bar do its job.

Originally posted by corpse
In my 69, with 351w I'm running the
67/73 SMALL AND INTERMEDIATE BLOCK, 390 TO 520 lbs/in

I LIKE EM!:nice:

I've got the TCP subs and x-brace, 1 1/8" sway bar with all polygraphite bushings from PST, and the 17" wheels - and it goes through turns sooo nicely.. I haven't done any hard turns over 40 because the back tires start to rub. If your car is mostly street, I don't think you can go wrong. I compensated by getting the bigger sway bar - this way going straight I can get a little more cushion, and when I get into the turns, I figure I'll let the sway bar do its job.

Totally agree... get the 390-520lb ones...they call them small and intermediate block springs for a reason :p

update info needed

I know I started this thread last May, but am hoping more people have install the progressive rated springs since.

I plan on running these with GW uppers and not TCP now. If you have any new feedback please post. Also would like to know which rear springs you are running and how you like your setup.

Thank you.

Josh

vrooom said:
I know I started this thread last May, but am hoping more people have install the progressive rated springs since.
I plan on running these with GW uppers and not TCP now. If you have any new feedback please post. Also would like to know which rear springs you are running and how you like your setup.
Thank you.Josh

Yes. I have since installed them. I'm very pleased.
TCP uppers/lowers/strut rods.
Rear is 5 leaf. They are fine. I ripped the spring perches from the rear axle
a few months ago when I ran ET Streets, and have since re-welded and gusseted them. The 5 leafs held up just fine.