Progress...

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
A couple of pics and a couple without the wing......wing and scoops getting painted this weekend I hope........already have the rims...just waiting/deciding on tires.......and then exhaust.........but at least it's started...:rlaugh:
Mustang007.jpg

Mustang010.jpg

Mustang008.jpg

Mustang009.jpg

Mustang011.jpg

Mustang012.jpg

Mustang013.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Are you painting the scoops Opal Frost? Personally, I think they would look out of place if you had them painted black. I like the roof. What wheels did you end up with?

I agree...they would look out of place......I am going Opal Frost on the new wing and scoops.....I went with Black Cobra R's with the polished lip......they are in the closet ...... Father in law (painted the hood) mentioned the ground affects would look nice black but I think the rims will be enough to set the top off.........

I really have to thank Joe (Urban) as I had contemplated the roof black but wasn't sure, when he PS'd it it sold me.......

thanks for the comment..

Will

I agree with leaving everything opal but the roof. Black R's should look sweet with the polished lip and black roof. I contemplated them myself recently. Did you score the s281 spoiler then? Sorry for the questions, just havent kept up with everyone for a while.

I wanted to paint the top half of my car black also. Went with a differnet idea though but still like the two tone. 80% of me likes the way you did it but for some reason I want/expect to see it continue into the hood in some way. I have been sitting here looking over the pics but can't come up with a solution so I have no advice. Don't get me wrong it does look good. Maybe the rims will complete the picture I am looking for.

LOL.... whats the bolt pattern on it, 2 or 4? cars looking good...ur making me want to have my car photoshopped with the roof painted, not sure if it would look good with my painted mirrors and wiper cowl.. plus i already gave the idea to a buddy and hes wanting to do it... so ill let him have his glory i guess LOL

IMHO though, i really think tint will set everything off and tie it in very well... :D

LOL.... whats the bolt pattern on it, 2 or 4? cars looking good...ur making me want to have my car photoshopped with the roof painted, not sure if it would look good with my painted mirrors and wiper cowl.. plus i already gave the idea to a buddy and hes wanting to do it... so ill let him have his glory i guess LOL

IMHO though, i really think tint will set everything off and tie it in very well... :D

yes, i didn't even mention tint but it is a must with the black top...I don't know if I will break the law...lol..probably go as far as the law allows...:nono: damn, almost sounds like the Dukes of Hazzard song...lol

The wing actually has six holes...it has the 2 original holes where the stock wing bolts on, but it has two holes across the center as well.....looks likes I won't be using the center holes.....'cause I "ain't" drilling my trunk lid...:nono: actually I just looked again and it has 3 holes across the center, and the 2 on each end
View attachment 270234

Sweet. I second the window tint....doesnt need to be dark...just a little something. Should be a sweet transformation.

Maybe someone can chop the ground effects being black....that just seems weird to me though :dunno:

Nate, thanks for the compliment.....I am not going to worry about the PS on the ground effects....I think it will be too much......once I get tires mounted on the new rims it will come to life.......giving the $ for the OF paint today so hopefully teh wing/scoops get completed this weekend.....couldn't wait to remove the stock wing....:eek:

It's lookin sick man. I love it!:nice: And yes, nothing else needs to be black. Not the hood or grounds whatever. The wheels will tie it in great. You're still getting at R hood right? Cause that with the wheels and spoiler will be :nice:

Oh, and please tell us all your are lowering it pleeeeease. Cause that is killing it right now.:D

yes, i didn't even mention tint but it is a must with the black top...I don't know if I will break the law...lol..probably go as far as the law allows...:nono: damn, almost sounds like the Dukes of Hazzard song...lol

The wing actually has six holes...it has the 2 original holes where the stock wing bolts on, but it has two holes across the center as well.....looks likes I won't be using the center holes.....'cause I "ain't" drilling my trunk lid...:nono: actually I just looked again and it has 3 holes across the center, and the 2 on each end
View attachment 270123

i hear ya will! a nice 15% all around with a 50% across the whole windshield would be perfect for you! :rlaugh: lol jk... not sure what ur law is, but i think a nice 35% all around the windows and maybe a small strip across the windshield would be MORE than sufficient... most places allow up to a 35%...

IMHO, id probably spray the mirrors to match the top as well...