progression of retro?

I was thinking the other day, What is the progression of the current retro mustang. Sure it will keep selling for 4 or 5 years, but what could possibly come next. Are we gouing to go back through all the years with more retro's or is ford going to make another major makeover in a few years (Idoubt it). Or is this possibly the end of the mustang line??

Just thinking, and was wondering what you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

:rlaugh:

yeah, that's something i wondered a few months after it came out. for now, i'm really digging the retro look. hell, it'd be sweet if they came out w/ the bosses, mach1's, and glad they're bring back the shelby. however, the question still remains--->they've come full circle, pretty much, so where do you go after that???

someone will redesign something badass. Maybe a 2 seater mustang....you never know... I think that would be sweet, being that a lot of people put in a delete kit anyway. And who ever uses the back seat for passengers??? Maybe a few...

sick95gt said:
someone will redesign something badass. Maybe a 2 seater mustang....you never know... I think that would be sweet, being that a lot of people put in a delete kit anyway. And who ever uses the back seat for passengers??? Maybe a few...

You have to think BIG man...people like us put in rear seat deletes. We are a VERY small percentage of owners. It doesnt matter what we think or do with them.

Crash Gordon said:
i dunno, i just have a feeling something bad is gonna happen

The day the mustang stops being produced is the day Ford doesnt exist. Its the mustang and what the crown victoria and f-150 as fords prime sellers?

I hope they make a big redesign like they did in 93 for the 94 body. I want to see it evolve....not go back into time. Let the past rest in their glory :fuss:

Ford needs to get some people in charge that actually have insight and new ideas. Ford is obsessed with this retro thing. For Lord's sake bring out some new styles instead of reliving the past. They brag about how well the new 2005 is selling, but new model years always sell well. I think sales will seriously slip after 2 or 3 years.

S/CBlack95GT said:
Ford needs to get some people in charge that actually have insight and new ideas. Ford is obsessed with this retro thing. For Lord's sake bring out some new styles instead of reliving the past. They brag about how well the new 2005 is selling, but new model years always sell well. I think sales will seriously slip after 2 or 3 years.

They will....they wont be able to keep up with GM/Dodge. Someone better get in there with some great ideas :(

I'm going out on a limb here but I don't know if the new Mustang is truly retro. It is definitely heavily influenced by previous designs, but all cars usually are.

I mean really, look at the PT Cruiser, Mini, Bug, and Ford GT. All those cars SCREAM retro. The Mustang, by comparison, looks fresh, if not genuinely new, while at the same time incorporating strong heritage elements.

Possibly the most pronounced "retro" element is the strong vertical grill. But that is common design theme right now among multiple car makers - so it's a contemporary thing, not retro.

Take another hard look at the Mustang. It's not really so retro after all.

BTW, other design themes have gone orphan in the past. Remember the egg designs cropping up in the last 80's and early 90's (Ford Tempo and Taurus as prime examples). That one thankfully went the way of the dodo bird.

GRGT1994 said:
I'm going out on a limb here but I don't know if the new Mustang is truly retro. It is definitely heavily influenced by previous designs, but all cars usually are.

I mean really, look at the PT Cruiser, Mini, Bug, and Ford GT. All those cars SCREAM retro. The Mustang, by comparison, looks fresh, if not genuinely new, while at the same time incorporating strong heritage elements.

Possibly the most pronounced "retro" element is the strong vertical grill. But that is common design theme right now among multiple car makers - so it's a contemporary thing, not retro.

Take another hard look at the Mustang. It's not really so retro after all.

BTW, other design themes have gone orphan in the past. Remember the egg designs cropping up in the last 80's and early 90's (Ford Tempo and Taurus as prime examples). That one thankfully went the way of the dodo bird.

I dissagree. I feel that the new mustang is retro. I believe that our cars were contemporary. The new stang takes every design cue from the old mustang. What I am afraid of is that ford will try to ride this bodystyle/design for too long, and then the number crunchers will say, that it isnt selling well, and they will either discontinue it, or nolonger keep it on the front burner.

As for the other designs that you state have gone away. They werent a retro design.

And out of all the retro cars that i can think of (PT cruiser, prowler, Thunderbird, SSR, mini) I have yet to see a redesign, or significant facelift. Infact when it was time for them to be re-designed, the either dropped them, or just didnt do it. I am just afraid of what the future may hold. I personally like the new mustang. I feel that it is a very good looking car, but what is next.

The only other retro car that ford has made was the Thunderbird, and it has alreadt dissapeared.

Here She Is .....

bronco4.jpg