Project 81 Hack Job!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys. Thanks a lot! I am still pumped this morning. I am going to start it for my Dad and the other guys here at work when they get here. They are actaull excited too. They kept calling me on Saturday after they all left.

Tough now if I sell my 91 5.0L 5spd or this 81 4.6L 5 speed. I tell ya, that 4.6L sounds excellent.....it helps make up my mind and the car isn't even done yet.

Thanks 25th. I really like the exhaust. It is really loud. It will quiet down when I get it outside because it will be out in the open outside. Right now it is inside the building and about 10 feet from the wall. I haven't even revved it over 3K yet. I can't put good time in it til the weekend, but I am content with this weekends progress.

The funny yhing with the 4.6s from what I have seen, they tend to be louder than 5.0s. Maybe because they flow more air? Not really sure why but they always seem to be louder and have a better tone than the 5.0s, even with the same exhaust.

That is nice of you to say especially considering you are a 5.0L owner...:D The cat-back looks old too. It is in good shape, but mufflers rot from the inside out. I wonder how much cleaner it would be if they were new. I just didn't want to find out because exhaust is expensive and I got LUCKY that this parts car had aftermarket stuff...it was kinda free..(included in the price of the car really):rolleyes:

Man she sounds awesome! what was causing the rough idle before? also i see your speedo is down a bit, was it that wire you were talking about?

All i know is this is one bad ass project hands down i love it!! :hail2:

Thanks. The rough idle was caused by a vacuum line I missed, no air filter, an H-pipe that wasn't bolted tight to the manifolds..(wrong nuts) and no cat-back. :rolleyes: I got all brand new nuts to the manifolds, nuts and bolts for the Hpipe/catback, and I installed the tail pipes. It idles perfectly now, and sounds great.

I think the speedo is going to be a little gremlin. It was like that in the car before I took anything to apart. (I'm just glad I got all the other gauges to work. None of them did, due to his 5 aftermarket gauges that he ripped out before the insurance company totalled it. I found all the old plugs zip tied up.) I hooked the Speed Cal up exactly how it was. I didn't even want to used it, but without it, there was a plug that would have been missing from the trans. They took something out and wired it to the Cal, and I can't figure out where the heck I could put it back in the trans harness. It goes from 150MPH and sweeps back to 120MPH and vice versa???:shrug:

Thanks for the compliments, I hope to have it painted very soon. I don't know how much I can get done this weekend due to my girlfriend coming home from spring break. She'll want to spend "quality time with me":D

Alright boys....Hack Job has its jams painted YELLOW!!!

It is 8:00pm right now, just finished painting all the jams in the notch. Boy this yellow is BRIGHT stuff. I am used to painting black. I can't wait to paint the car itself hopefully next weekend!!!

Take a look.....

DSC04036.jpg

DSC04035.jpg

DSC04034.jpg

DSC04033.jpg

DSC04032.jpg

DSC04030.jpg

DSC04029.jpg

That is all. I hope I have time tomorrow to put these parts on the car. It won't take long, but life gets busy with other stuff I guess....:D

You know your gonna have to do stuff with your girl 2mro and shes not gonna let you play with your real girl friend :D

Thanks everybody! I am dead tired, I got up at 5am today got there at 6 then worked from 8-2 at work then about 3-8 on the car.

25th--Yes, the engine bay was done in August before the motor went in. It is just the same yellow. It looks good, but nothing like yours. I didn't smooth anything, and of course I scratched it here putting the engine in, and I nicked it there doing other things....but oh well.:shrug:

LaserSVT---HAHAHAHA :rlaugh: You are right!!! She is in from Cabo, but is in Arizona...then they fly to Vegas...then home.....don't ask. Friend of a friend type deal! I might be able to get out there early. My Dad said he will give me a hand hanging the doors, fenders, hood and trunk. That will be nice, I know I'll scratch something doing it myself.:rolleyes: