Project 89 Mach 1 gets a kick in the pants.

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
I threw in the towel.

I am going around in circles chasing my tail w/ this body work thing. My painter wants to move the car to his shop to get it done.

The taillights are mocked up and they look good!

Everything is here to finish now,.....

It's moving from here this weekend. Color by the end of the month!!!!:D

• Sponsors (?)

Me too!

I'm relieved that I don't have to keep slaving away at the mind numbing little body details.

A professionsal body man will probably make quick work of what looks like another week in hell for me.

All of the parts are here, even the mach 1 stripes.

I can't wait

Yeah. I go to meet the painter at his new digs tommorrow.

It'll mean that I move the car to downtown out of my control for a couple of weeks, but we all go through that right?

It'll also mean that I trade off the "did it all myself" bragging rights,
but it's either that, or I keep plugging away at by myself until I plead insanity and just shoot myself.:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see some painted pic's of the car. I do know that I will not see another one like it! Doing everything yourself always makes you feel good, On the other hand there is nothing wrong with a little help from others. After all, IMO if knew everything about Fox mustangs I would probably not be on this site in the first place.

You did all the metal work yourself, and shaped the car. You are hardly giving up bragging rights because someone finishes off the filler and paint. The car is your design and made out of your crafting skills. I am lacking motivation to do my cam swap this weekend, let alone fabricate the front and rear of the car out of flippin' sheet metal. If all else fails, blame it on your eye for not wanting to screw up a home made paint job. Cant wait to see the finished product, this build has been unique and entertaining from the get go.

Well after todays' conversations w/ all the parties involved ( the painter, the body man, and the shop owner) The word for the day is.....Barter.

The bodyman wants me to untangle the mess of wires behind his TV; The painter wants me to do some chassis work and wire his race car; and the shop owner wants to be able to hang his business name across the top of my windshield as advertising for him.

At this point, nothing is out of line so far.....hopefully once I turn over control of the car nothing "changes":)

Well I'll be in touch. If you dont mind me asking,who is doing the work?
An old drag racing buddy is the painter. The bodyman (who I've never met before) works alongside him in a shop downtown called Bradley and Bradley,
and the shop where the car is going is a "west coast customs" like operation downtown by the old SECO. I don't remember the complete name , but it's something like automotive dreamz or somthin' like that

the shop owner wants to be able to hang his business name across the top of my windshield as advertising for him.

I think it would be better to hang the business name on the back window since that is all most people will see of it on the road. :D

The one thing that I have learned through experience is that when you put a decal on a window is that the tint in the glass will fade around it and even after it is removed you can still see where and what it was.

Does he have any license plate frames??

I think it would be better to hang the business name on the back window since that is all most people will see of it on the road. :D

Only if they had a flat. Now Joe, remember that this car only has a stock 4.6 2v. The only time someone will miss this car's front end is if I turn the other way.:rolleyes:

The one thing that I have learned through experience is that when you put a decal on a window is that the tint in the glass will fade around it and even after it is removed you can still see where and what it was.
If that turns out to be the case, I'll have to reconsider that placement (or the time that the decal is actually on the glass)

Does he have any license plate frames??

No front plate on this car,...driving lights take up that space.