Progress Thread Project: Buried Under A Mountain Of Snow Black Hole Money Pit.

• Sponsors (?)

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
thanks man... its not all that bad to do when you can just sit down at a table and do it. i couldnt have done that in a car

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
also

pistons and head gaskets spec'd out and total compression to keep her tuning/stock block friendly will be around 12.5:1 talking with Sam Vincent now about the cam. trying to see if we can run this on pump gas also

Roche is thinking some where between 775-850 NA.

85ragtop

BTW, I like dudes.
Mod Dude
Nov 29, 1999
NC
That sir will be an insanely fun ride.

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
man has anyone looked at the price of manual racks these days!?!?!? the cheap ones from car steering.com are just as much as flaming river and unisteer now. WTF

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
Mod Dude
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
man has anyone looked at the price of manual racks these days!?!?!? the cheap ones from car steering.com are just as much as flaming river and unisteer now. WTF
Ive been looking at them recently, there used to be cheap ones (<$100) on ebay. I found one the other day, but dont have the scratch anymore. Apparently, mustang II racks can be modified to fit as well. They are some fraction wider at the mounting points and can be made to work with some offset bushings and a little creative cutting. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try.

Here's the one I was looking at on eBay for the fox:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-93-Ch...ash=item58fab56ea3:g:sgcAAOSwPhdU~y~e&vxp=mtr

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
Ive been looking at them recently, there used to be cheap ones (<$100) on ebay. I found one the other day, but dont have the scratch anymore. Apparently, mustang II racks can be modified to fit as well. They are some fraction wider at the mounting points and can be made to work with some offset bushings and a little creative cutting. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try.

Here's the one I was looking at on eBay for the fox:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-93-Chrome-Ford-Mustang-Manual-Steering-Rack-Pinion-Standard-Tall-Pinion/382163316387?fits=Model:Mustang&hash=item58fab56ea3:g:sgcAAOSwPhdU~y~e&vxp=mtr
yea if im going to be cutting on my K member i'll just go to a pinto rack and drop my motor a ton

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
Mod Dude
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
yea if im going to be cutting on my K member i'll just go to a pinto rack and drop my motor a ton
I don't think it was the K member they cut, it was the bushings. I ran across a thread on Corral when I was looking to see if a mustang II rack would fit.

Chuckman

GTFO you fat, heavy bastard
10 Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
st. louis, mo
i know racecraft makes a k for the mustang II rack, but this is the first ive heard of fitting one on a stock-style mount. in for details, since i was just going to do the summit rack kit which is in the $380 neighborhood.

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
i know racecraft makes a k for the mustang II rack, but this is the first ive heard of fitting one on a stock-style mount. in for details, since i was just going to do the summit rack kit which is in the $380 neighborhood.
pretty sure they only have them for a stock style fox racks then the pinto racks.... they have the stiletto rack K members also but they wont make one of them till you prove you have a rack.

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
What's the Cliff notes version of the end goal with the Mustang II rack?

...and why are you even considering a manual rack? :puke:

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
What's the Cliff notes version of the end goal with the Mustang II rack?

...and why are you even considering a manual rack? :puke:
weight... power... room... race car

im also not some 130lb dude. manual steering doesnt bother me at all.

Chuckman

GTFO you fat, heavy bastard
10 Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
st. louis, mo
pretty sure they only have them for a stock style fox racks then the pinto racks.... they have the stiletto rack K members also but they wont make one of them till you prove you have a rack.
For some reason I thought pinto and m2 where the same? They were the same platform right?

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
For some reason I thought pinto and m2 where the same? They were the same platform right?
yes... but they had some differences.

the rack on a pinto has a 2 bolts on the driver side and a clamp or u bolt on the passenger side. it mounts about an inch and a half lower

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
buddy of mine had a factory ford manual rack with UPR bump steer and a flaming river solid shaft. im going to have to sell the flaming river shaft since i cant use it with my column. so i'll put the money from the shaft towards the u joints i need to make my shaft