Progress Thread Project: Buried Under A Mountain Of Snow Black Hole Money Pit.

• Sponsors (?)

also

pistons and head gaskets spec'd out and total compression to keep her tuning/stock block friendly will be around 12.5:1 talking with Sam Vincent now about the cam. trying to see if we can run this on pump gas also

Roche is thinking some where between 775-850 NA.

Reactions: 5 users
man has anyone looked at the price of manual racks these days!?!?!? the cheap ones from car steering.com are just as much as flaming river and unisteer now. WTF

man has anyone looked at the price of manual racks these days!?!?!? the cheap ones from car steering.com are just as much as flaming river and unisteer now. WTF
Ive been looking at them recently, there used to be cheap ones (<$100) on ebay. I found one the other day, but dont have the scratch anymore. Apparently, mustang II racks can be modified to fit as well. They are some fraction wider at the mounting points and can be made to work with some offset bushings and a little creative cutting. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try.

Here's the one I was looking at on eBay for the fox:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-93-Ch...ash=item58fab56ea3:g:sgcAAOSwPhdU~y~e&vxp=mtr

Ive been looking at them recently, there used to be cheap ones (<$100) on ebay. I found one the other day, but dont have the scratch anymore. Apparently, mustang II racks can be modified to fit as well. They are some fraction wider at the mounting points and can be made to work with some offset bushings and a little creative cutting. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try.

Here's the one I was looking at on eBay for the fox:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-93-Chrome-Ford-Mustang-Manual-Steering-Rack-Pinion-Standard-Tall-Pinion/382163316387?fits=Model:Mustang&hash=item58fab56ea3:g:sgcAAOSwPhdU~y~e&vxp=mtr
yea if im going to be cutting on my K member i'll just go to a pinto rack and drop my motor a ton

i know racecraft makes a k for the mustang II rack, but this is the first ive heard of fitting one on a stock-style mount. in for details, since i was just going to do the summit rack kit which is in the $380 neighborhood.

i know racecraft makes a k for the mustang II rack, but this is the first ive heard of fitting one on a stock-style mount. in for details, since i was just going to do the summit rack kit which is in the $380 neighborhood.
pretty sure they only have them for a stock style fox racks then the pinto racks.... they have the stiletto rack K members also but they wont make one of them till you prove you have a rack.

For some reason I thought pinto and m2 where the same? They were the same platform right?
yes... but they had some differences.

the rack on a pinto has a 2 bolts on the driver side and a clamp or u bolt on the passenger side. it mounts about an inch and a half lower

buddy of mine had a factory ford manual rack with UPR bump steer and a flaming river solid shaft. im going to have to sell the flaming river shaft since i cant use it with my column. so i'll put the money from the shaft towards the u joints i need to make my shaft

Reactions: 1 users