Progress Thread Project Copper Can

• Sponsors (?)

I do believe my car is upset with me right now
2013-10-10_17-57-09_570.jpg

Fml!
2013-10-22_15-18-15_853.jpg

so im driving along went to my machinist and had him re adjust some rocker arms on my way back had some stalling issues started it up again and heard a loud bang then this! Man i cant win

If they aren't adjusted properly then all sorts of bad things could happen. Just checking compression could tell you if you have some rocker adjusted too tight. What else did the guy change and why did he only bad just a few of them?

I told him i kept hearing a tapping coming from the valve covee he took it off and found four rockers loose ... im gonna have him do it all now .. he built the motor and all

Uhm it's been on the trailer because I've been to lazy I found I definitely have a bad lifter though and that's where the ticking is coming from it just sucks because I read after I had the machinist re do the rockers and he never used a torque wrench so I'm kinda upset about the situation now but I need to get that one lifter replaced but I'm gonna go ahead and replace all of them

Yeah I read not none to good really but I'm livid about it but he's not doing anything about it typical with an engine builder he blamed me on it saying that I didn't break it in right but I remember him telling me he did that prior to handing it over to me