Progress Thread Project Copper Can

So pulled the piston out and good god I lifted a ring bad. Cylinder walls are not in terrible shape I have another piston on order should be here in a couple of weeks. Gonna run a home down the cylinder before I put the new piston in just to be safe. @TOOLOW91 @84Ttop @93TRANSAM
IMG_0027.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like a lot of scuffing on the skirt. Have a pic of the cylinder wall?

What do you think caused this? I have read nitrous guys talking about too much fuel doing this, but I have no real 1st hand experience with it.

Joe

Reactions: 3 users
I just looked back at your piston pic. Looks like the valve reliefs on those are huge! I would be that with the reliefs going all the way to the edge of the pistons made it much weaker then one that had the reliefs stopping well before the ring land.

What brand pistons are you going with next?

Joe

From what I was told by the guys at racetec is that the autotecs are made from a lower quality alloy I think autotecs are 4032 alloy. He said that autotecs are really a good piston for boost anything more then 10psi. Mine is definitely melted from lack of fuel though for sure.

From what I was told by the guys at racetec is that the autotecs are made from a lower quality alloy I think autotecs are 4032 alloy. He said that autotecs are really a good piston for boost anything more then 10psi. Mine is definitely melted from lack of fuel though for sure.
Ahhh ok I got ya . Yeah you definitely were trying to make all of it and that cyl was not happy.