Progress Thread Project Copper Can

A little update on this build, after opening my piston box i noticed 13 piston pins. 8 pins that come with the pistons in their kit, and 5 upgraded (thicker) piston pins. I ordered this with the upgraded pins. I called the guy I ordered it from, Jordan from excessive Motorsports. I am in no way bashing Jordan as he just calls the order in for me and the pistons are drop shipped from wiseco themselves. He sounded overly irate about the situation and immediately got ahold of wiseco. He called me back and told me wiseco said they shipped me 5 because that is all they had left. I can't believe a nationwide company ran out of upgraded pins. Either way the last three are being shipped out to me, until then I can't give my parts to my builder as he wants everything all at once. I did get a firm quote from him to perform the work. A lot cheaper then I thought it was going to end up.
IMG_0877.jpg
IMG_0878.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

A little update on this build, after opening my piston box i noticed 13 piston pins. 8 pins that come with the pistons in their kit, and 5 upgraded (thicker) piston pins. I ordered this with the upgraded pins. I called the guy I ordered it from, Jordan from excessive Motorsports. I am in no way bashing Jordan as he just calls the order in for me and the pistons are drop shipped from wiseco themselves. He sounded overly irate about the situation and immediately got ahold of wiseco. He called me back and told me wiseco said they shipped me 5 because that is all they had left. I can't believe a nationwide company ran out of upgraded pins. Either way the last three are being shipped out to me, until then I can't give my parts to my builder as he wants everything all at once. I did get a firm quote from him to perform the work. A lot cheaper then I thought it was going to end up.
IMG_0877.jpg
IMG_0878.jpg

I'd ask for the king bearings . The finish quality is wayyyyy more consistent and true compared to the clevites .

@TOOLOW91 ill be sure to tell him my preference on king bearings thanks for the heads up for sure.

@Davedacarpainter well that was because my previous engine builder charged me for an environmental charge which he stated was a disposal fee of the coolant and oil after running the motor on his engine dyno. I'm thinking to myself you charge me that much to throw away coolant and re use the oil in your waste oil heater.

So we had a bit of bad storms coming last night so being the only one with a garage in my group I had my buddies come over to put all the cars in the garage to keep the hail off of them. I'd say I like the way this looks, wouldn't mind another car or two myself

IMG_0883.JPG

Reactions: 5 users
So the weather will lead to another mustang?

You'll have to start a new thread and call it project Stormy I guess, huh?

The disposal fees that are charged seem humorous to me. Of course we charge them as well at my bodyshop. I guess businesses think you'll think it's cheaper to use them when they see that charge separate:shrug:.

I know it's not cheap to get rid of some of the stuff, like our waste thinner cost about $500 a barrel to have hauled off, but all of that's just part of doing business. With the same logic, should we start charging an extra fee for solid waste removal (taking the trash out to the dumpster)?

Just one of those stupid little things shops do to make more money if you ask me.

BTW, I really like your shop and that lift.

So the weather will lead to another mustang?

You'll have to start a new thread and call it project Stormy I guess, huh?

The disposal fees that are charged seem humorous to me. Of course we charge them as well at my bodyshop. I guess businesses think you'll think it's cheaper to use them when they see that charge separate:shrug:.

I know it's not cheap to get rid of some of the stuff, like our waste thinner cost about $500 a barrel to have hauled off, but all of that's just part of doing business. With the same logic, should we start charging an extra fee for solid waste removal (taking the trash out to the dumpster)?

Just one of those stupid little things shops do to make more money if you ask me.

BTW, I really like your shop and that lift.
Actually, most of that cost (Environmental charges) is due various federal & state regulations concerning how much you can store, who can haul it away and to where and then what is done with said waste when it gets there. Not saying that we'd want folks to dump the stuff any old place, but the regulations are a bit out of hand. Of course businesses have to pass these costs along to customers... government, the ultimate middle-man. :notnice: Part of my job, Environmental compliance...

Reactions: 1 user
So I got a picture from my builder. I will be updating this as I get pics from him ... 3 weeks hopefully and I'll have it back. Dropped it off to him on Friday at 2pm and he sent this to me at 330pm
IMG_0949.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Picture time fellas.

The cylinders have all been bored right now to 4.122 he is gonna use a torque plate to perform final honing. He align honed all the mains and began checking for roundness on the rods. He also noted the length of the rod bolts so he can measure for stretch. Anyways enough of the long drawn out talk.

IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0994.JPG
IMG_0995.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: 6 users