Progress Thread Project Copper Can

Mine is on the tower too just facing the engine. I don't think you'll have an issue.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE PAINT THE DAMN BRAKE BOOSTER AND THE ANGLE IRON HOLDING THE INTERCOOLER. :confused::p:D

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Made small progress on the car lately. Got the interior back together labeled a bunch of the sensor wiring and did snag a throttle body along with a new shifter same as my old one I sold with my c4 looking back I should've kept it. Also sat down and made a list of what needs to be done I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel
IMG_1410.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Just finally got to getting everything tied in and having the drivetrain done. Went to a company in Baltimore called A-1 driveshaft and had them make me a 3.5" driveshaft with 1350 spicer U-joints. For anyone that is wanting to swap to th400 the driveshaft needs to be 48" center to center of u-joint. Now your thinking u joints on both sides? What happened to the flange on the 8.8 I replaced it with a strange engineering yoke and also bought a strange engineering yoke for the th400. All in all I have about 500 invested in this conversion to accept the new driveshaft.
IMG_1469.JPG
IMG_1470.JPG
IMG_1472.JPG

Reactions: 6 users
I may not be the best welder but I'm learning as I go and this exhaust system is only temporary until I get the new turbo and it'll be 4" downpipe assuming.
IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG
IMG_1509.JPG
D7F7C492-6A23-4E11-A2F3-87DEBF799B77.jpg
A7B9F640-EA0B-40B0-9235-50C009856D39.jpg
Mig welding is all about having good stuff, getting your settings right, a little practice,..and good technique. It all comes together with time. I always brace the gun hand,..regardless of how easy the weld angle is,..It allows me to absolutely control the zigzag, and the distance. Once the heat and speed is right, the rest is cake. Those welds look a hell of alot better than a large percentage that gets a pic posted on the internet.

I'd give it........a 7 out of 10.:nice:

Reactions: 1 users
Much appreciated @madmike1157 i have a Miller multimatic 200 which has the auto set feature but I find myself constantly having to lower the volts down .5 volts that or I'm just not moving fast enough. It's definitely different going from aluminum to steel mig welding. This is a boat deck we got done making a few months ago
IMG_0118.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
So I've finished the exhaust on the car. The reason I'm doing this instead of a fender exit or hood exit like I'm sure a few of you would like to see, I won't be able to enter into many of the street car shootouts that are at the tracks near me. So gonna run this around and see how I like it if it becomes to loud I'll add some mufflers. I started it after doing all of this and already like so who know it might stay straight pipe.
IMG_1584.JPG

Reactions: 8 users