Progress Thread Project Copper Can

• Sponsors (?)

Do they make black Dzus fasteners? I'm definitely leaning towards full two tone on this car now .. Basically where the fenders start to go vertical and have that body line that's in line with both the door handles and hatch

Do they make black Dzus fasteners? I'm definitely leaning towards full two tone on this car now .. Basically where the fenders start to go vertical and have that body line that's in line with both the door handles and hatch

Definitely. That would at least tie those in with the black trim and wheels.

If you paint, I can't wait. If you don't, find someone that does pinstripes really well. They can do the copper on the hood, and some sort of black stripe down the side.

It can definitely be ummm.... 'over done' so you have to find one that you like so it doesn't end up looking like a Charger or something.

Edit:

Also keep in mind how long you've been looking at this paint. We're not as worn on it as you are by now. hehehe

Don't do anything drastic! :p

Last edited:
So I took my car down to the track after some very helpful advice from @84Ttop. Sucks that I feel I took in absolutely none of it and I'm embarrassed to post my time slip but this is with a weak burnout because this is was my first ever outing to the track in any car, let alone a stick car. My 60' was me spinning all the way to through it.
image.jpg

Now some of you may think well damm a 11.22 is good, well I'm the 13.97 dam that sucked ass, but all in all I had a lot of fun. Not gonna show my second pass because it's in the 16.xx all because I couldn't get it to go into 2nd gear.

John Force style!
Trust me, you don't know bad. I've seen people take off from the water box. People leave in reverse. 5 minute street tire burnouts.Hell, last year at a local TNT a guy in a nova would pull up, stage, and start doing a burn out until the green light. It was hilarious but he had no clue.
That's why it's an awesome hobby. Someone's ALWAYS faster, but someone is much much slower.

Look up "the pink p uss Honda"
He's a local...​

Nice haha yeah so once I got home I held the brakes and did a pretty good burnout. Buddy of mine has a line lock kit I might put onto the car to help. It's kinda tricky to me to go from dropping the clutch to holding the brake

Ok so I'm gonna definitely two tone the car from the top of the headlights to the top of taillights that body line
At that point you must order one of those sets of wheels you posted and it will look killer . my friends old coupe backward from you but Looked awesome
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403358668.530227.jpg

Now I'm on board with the two-tone! That would look killer. As far as your burn out...I always rev it up to about 3-4k,dump the clutch and stab the brakes. While on the brake I shift to 2nd and pull through the smoke. About a good 5 sec burnout with nittos. Longer if slicks/super soft compound tires. Just takes a little practice. Cut those 60ft times down to around 1.8 or so and you'll be solid 12 sec et. Kinda of surprised at your mph though. I would expect a few more mph like 105+. I trap right at same speed as your slip @13.5-13.7 @100-101mph but I should have less power than you.