Progress Thread Project Copper Can

• Sponsors (?)

So I took my car down to the track after some very helpful advice from @84Ttop. Sucks that I feel I took in absolutely none of it and I'm embarrassed to post my time slip but this is with a weak burnout because this is was my first ever outing to the track in any car, let alone a stick car. My 60' was me spinning all the way to through it.
image.jpg

Now some of you may think well damm a 11.22 is good, well I'm the 13.97 dam that sucked ass, but all in all I had a lot of fun. Not gonna show my second pass because it's in the 16.xx all because I couldn't get it to go into 2nd gear.
first time out,thats part of the fun though,to get better and better times,and im sure you will.

first time out,thats part of the fun though,to get better and better times,and im sure you will.
Yeah, 13.90's is nothing to be ashamed of. I've been racing since I was 16,...and it was all I could do for the first year just to get the car to go a 13.90.

Try living in Denver in the 70's when there were no go fast items for a windsor.
16.50's was the norm in my Mach1 with my foot planted on the floor.

Getting ready to buy myself a tko600 from a guy near me he said he only put 1000 miles on it. He's selling it because he sold the car and was parting things out of it. He wants 1700 for the trans bellhousing clutch fork and 31 spline yoke. Anyone think this is a bad deal im gonna try and offer him 1500 and see if he takes it

Well I was supposed to be in the second picture with all the winners but I never heard my name get called for an award but when I went to leave is when I got the young star award

Reactions: 1 user
So I'm here to wipe the dust off this thread, I've switched some gears now and bought a new tci super street fighter c4 with full manual valve body and trans brake, I will be posting pics as soon as I get it, it should be getting shipped this week. The trans brake is something they don't offer in stock with the trans already, they had to take a regular super street fighter and swap out the valve bodies. Hopefully I'll get this in and back to the track one last time!

Reactions: 1 users
I know right? Haha I had to get the trans at least though, my first project with that house is putting a detached garage in, I'm thinking a 24x24x12 tall garage with provision for a car lift in the future

If your going to do it and have the room go bigger for sure. Used to work out of a garage that size with 2 cars with something constantly happening on them. Wasn't terrible but a little extra room would of been nice. Especially if your going to put a lift in. Place looks nice though. Being a homeowner is nice, something to be proud of.