Progress Thread Project Copper Can

• Sponsors (?)

So my trans is in, had to ship it to my shop since it was coming by freight. My buddy in our fab shop was kind enough to snap some pics of it and all, I'm really excited for this winter to get this thing into the mustang and all. Anyways here is my new tci streetfighter transmission!

image.jpg
The box seemed to be a little unnecessary in size if it was a little longer they could've put it in a box half it's size oh well. Even the box the dipstick came in was ungodly

image.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
So I still haven't gotten off my azz to put this trans in, mainly because I still wanna drive it but I was able to get around to washing it again, so onto to some pic whoring lol
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
So I was able to find some time to put this transmission in last night at a buddies house. Got the old trans out in about two hours had to remove the passenger side header to fit it in. Upon removing the clutch and flywheel I took a pic, how does the wear look on the flywheel and clutch face to you guys?
image.jpg

New trans and flex plate ready to go in, good thing there was a third person to get this bear in. That thing was heavier then I thought.
image.jpg

After getting this thing in I realized I forgot to get a new crossmember so with it bolted up and the converter locked down that's all I'm waiting on. One question though @84Ttop @srtthis with the converter bolts how much do I tighten the lock nuts down? Just curious really

I use an impact gun on the flex plate bolts and gorilla tight on the convertor bolts. If/when that stuff comes loose you'll swear the bottom end of the motor is falling apart, lol. Did you check convertor spacing? I'll target to pull the convertor off the pump 1/8-3/16 of an inch and use precision ground washers to get there if needed

i pretty much do the same way Nick does them... impact for the flex plate with blue locktite then for the converter 1/8-3/16" converter spacing and get them as tight as i can.