Project DEVIAT1 has commenced

• Sponsors (?)

After letting the coat dry overnight. I noticed in the morning (with the brigher sunlight) that there were a few spots where I just didn't like the coverage. A little overspray here... underspray there... paint missing there! so I sanded the whole thing with 600 and VOILA! 10 times better. Took the whole gallon to get it where I was more than happy with it. 8hrs til the clear...

Heres after wet sanding with 600 over everything.
View attachment 225847
View attachment 225848
View attachment 225849
View attachment 225850
View attachment 225851

And here is the final base coat. I'm gonna wet sand the passenger side rocker a bit as there is some heavy run there from the door but otherwise shes ready for clear!

View attachment 225852
View attachment 225853
View attachment 225854
View attachment 225855
View attachment 225856
View attachment 225857
View attachment 225858

Don't be praising it too much yet. Still alot of fixin to do, because! it was done in the garage. There are runs in the clear... and when I let the clear dry for 12hrs I pulled the tape and some paint came with it... I almost started crying, when I reminded myself that I still have paint and clear... No one will have to know! I'm just trying to remember how to do it!

i dont know if you mention what color that is but it looks great. Unless your making a show car i wouldn't worry about everything being 100%. If its too perfect you never want to drive it, or freak about about who is around it. Looks like a nice driver and hope you have as much fun driving it as you are fixin it up

I don't mind the small imperfections, but I did want to take care of the runs and the one small place where the paint peeled up on the hatch while I was removing the masking tape.

Ah yes, and the Color is Bimimi Ford Blue. Took the color from a 92 Mustang color code.

Don't be praising it too much yet. Still alot of fixin to do, because! it was done in the garage. There are runs in the clear... and when I let the clear dry for 12hrs I pulled the tape and some paint came with it... I almost started crying, when I reminded myself that I still have paint and clear... No one will have to know! I'm just trying to remember how to do it!

Dont be so hard on yourself. It looks great...especially since you did it in your garage!! Im sure you will make it look the way you want. :nice:

Of coarse, all the trim is back on. The interior is about 98% complete. I had a hiccup with the H-pipe having the O2 sensor bung pointing RIGHT AT THE F(@#(ING K-member, so easy swap to my Granatelli piece fixed that, Today I got the Control arms, only to have jegs send me two Passenger side control arms.... jeez. I even overnighted them too! Now I have to wait until THURSDAY! THURSDAY TO DRIVE IT!!!