Project idea, would a '03 cobra drivetrain/computer and stuff fit in a 90+notch???

• Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

Mustang Yawie

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2002
Rialto CA
Visit site
It will cost an arm and a leg the engine alone is expensive plus the six speed tanny and all the fab work to get it in, It would be nice if you had the cash to do it. I also have seen regular cobra motors in a notch with the 5 speed. Its all about how much money you have to spend :nice:

FrdMustangCpe

May 27, 2004
Sin City, NV
www.cardomain.com
well there is a 03 cobra engine and tranny in the autotrader out here for $11k, thats not too rediculous. a blown 347 stroker isnt far from that price. plus i know the fab work. it wouldnt be cheap but it wouldnt be stupid expensive....i think

super302

I'd do anything for free Bapples
May 29, 2004
Davenport, IA
yep, what 'mustang yawie' said, 5.0resto did it to a fox body GT...sure it will be very expensive, and for 11k, you could get a ton of more hp than a cobra engine

NotoriousGT350

Founding Member
Apr 3, 2001
Lubbock, TX
I thought about the same idea a couple of weeks ago and now after reading some of the post about the cost....no way.

I've seen on fordracing.com they have 99 and 00?? Cobra motor and tranny for sale as a package.