Project -- It's about time -- 89gt

Ha. I know the feeling. It sucked having to call Shawn (50droptop) all the time to borrow his welder.He always let me though. Im just glad i have my own now.

Aint that the truth!!

i know every time im about to buy a welder i spend it on other parts and think damnit i need a welder

What kind of welders do you guys have?? Would one of those 200-300 dollar welders on northern tool be ok for small things such as this engine bay project or perhaps exhaust work?

• Sponsors (?)

Aint that the truth!!

What kind of welders do you guys have?? Would one of those 200-300 dollar welders on northern tool be ok for small things such as this engine bay project or perhaps exhaust work?

any mig welder will work for bays! you dont need one that will weld 1/2" plate! Usually if you box everything in or just weld up holes i only use 12-16ga sheet metal.If you plan on doing SFC or welding TQ boxes you will wanna (or atleast i would) fork out $600-800 for a good lincolin or miller.If you do get a good one usuall any good welder that will weld 1/2" plate MAX is good for automotive,the biggest ket to doing SFC or TQ boxes is that you have gas with the welder and not use core wire.Oh yeah if you get a good welder make sure you can adjust the heat and wire settings not just the ones that the settings are a click but are a smooth turning knob,those are the best to fine tune the heat and wire. peace

john:p

It will be prolly be pretty cold by the time its ready. How will you heat the garage? I am thinking the solomander will put off too much fumes and cause paint issues. We need to talk with Bobby about this before the time comes.

I am wondering if one of those big propane burners would work. The ones they use in houses to help the dry wall mud cure in the winter.

HEAT!!!! WHO NEEDS HEAT? jk!! you know I ve got you covered. when i poured concrete and i was layed off for the winter, i had to make things work. we will be fine! JUST KEEP SANDING! :)