project notch rocket 89 coupe

• Sponsors (?)

Nice to see a fox coming back to life, good luck with her. Im in the process of RNH Performance buiding and then custom install with 331 stroker W/AFR 185 heads 10.5:1 comp custom cam and all the fixins wit a little squirt of juice too cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

hey 89stang1 that 331 combo will be fun , my dad has a 91lx hatch with a 331 10:5:1 with afr 185s, carb motor car is fast it went 11.50 @121 on the motor with a t5z behind it now, we are putting in a pa c4 reverse manual valce body with a transbrake and a little touch of the sauce:D this car leaves pulling the wheel a foot or so and its a street car

hey 89stang1 that 331 combo will be fun , my dad has a 91lx hatch with a 331 10:5:1 with afr 185s, carb motor car is fast it went 11.50 @121 on the motor with a t5z behind it now, we are putting in a pa c4 reverse manual valce body with a transbrake and a little touch of the sauce:D this car leaves pulling the wheel a foot or so and its a street car

your givin me goosebumps cant wait funny thing is my car is actually a showcar lol, i could have bought a dart block for the money i spent on chrome, billet and(powdercoating my intake and valve covers). The powdercoater had a photoshoot done on my intake and valve covers he said its the best work hes done yet a base sparkle gray with 2 coats of starlight red, when the sun hits it it goes crazy looks sick u need sunglasses to look at them lol. My car is getting a whole new and improved engine and engine bay done by Rick from RNH Performance he gonna hide the wires etc. and repaint the engine bay plus now ive finished anything possibly left to chrome. Without a dart block im gonna play it safe at first and just hit it wit a 75 shot the rest of my setup is tremec HD T5, pro 5.0 shifter, 3.73 gears. KillerCanary put down some great ETs with same 331 stroker but i have custom cam and more compression and lighter car and a squirt of juice so its gonna be interesting id say im stoked stroked and broke LOL

thats awesome man theres nothing wrong with show and go. as for a dart block were just running a stock production block , it is girdled top and bottem . but with the bottle we might end up being a member of the split in half stock block club lol

thats awesome man theres nothing wrong with show and go. as for a dart block were just running a stock production block , it is girdled top and bottem . but with the bottle we might end up being a member of the split in half stock block club lol

Ha Ha thats excatly the club i dont wanna join lol yeah mines girdled but thats really a bandaid on a 10 inch gash, i trust rick to give me a good tune agressive but yet not that agressive lol. The problem with stock blocks are some guys go every weekend to the track puttin 650RWH and never have a problem then the other guy with 425RWH splits her right down the middle............................ive never been any good at cards either:eek:

new update

well the trans is out and gone , also the shorty headers and h pipe little update

View attachment 282525
ran out of jack stands lol

View attachment 282527
my dads car were both missing trans

View attachment 282529
since i was on last time 4 months ago , is old the 15x8s and went to 15x10 with 6.5 backspace they tens but i keep them clean lol

View attachment 282531
headers gone

View attachment 282533
t5z just rebuilt with astro parts

View attachment 282535
lakewood blow proof bell and astro extended clutch fork

View attachment 282537
mac longtubes and h pipe and ford racing aluminum driveshaft

stay tuned its all goin in this week

well guys i ran into some problems last weekend i put the block plate,flywheel, and clutch on and went to put the the bellhousing on and i noticed my dowel pins pulled out of the block when i took the other trans out so that was the end of the day. i skaveged around and found some from a friend so i will try again this weekend. lol also placed a order saturday for baseline suspension pro launch upper control arm kit and their lower control arms, cant wait to see them. so i will have more progress with the change from the old southside control arms to the new setup. also will be doing tq box reinforcements and sfcs. stay tuned

you will love that trans! is it dog ringed?you gotta get some diffrent tires! are you sure thats a FRPP driveshaft? looks small in diameter almost like it's one out of a astro van. peace

john:p

i will probally go with some mickey radials this year, at the track i run slicks. its hard to beat the nittos for street driving they last longer. yeah its a ford racing driveshaft it came out of a 9 sec coupe , he goes by pureevil on some of the other forums

been a while since i updated , the trans is in and the headers and driveshaft. it has also been out again and back in .lol also its running again bought a quick fuel carb and getting it tuned in. ill be posting some new pics ive been slacking lately due to money and not bringing my camera. but the car goes under the knive tonite for subframe connectors and battle boxes, and if all goes well new track times for sunday. stay tuned

ok small update, worked on the car last night and got the old uppers and lowers off and housing bushings out. i installed the battle boxes , oh what a fun job i got them bolted in for now and will weld them in later . the baseline lowers are installed and the uppers are almost finished. i ran out of time last night to get in to almost twelve o clock. i got pics of whats done so far and will be posting them after work.

of guys i promise i will get the pics up tonite , we thrashed on the car friday night and my dad welded up the sub frame connectors saturday. So i was ready for the track on sunday im pretty happy

first time i ran the car last year i went 13.1 @ 107.5 with a 2.23 60ft on nitto drag radials

ok first pass on sunday i ran the nittos , what a waste of time lol
13.0 @106 with a 2.4 60 ft

next pass was on hoosier 26x9 slicks there about shot 12.58 @107 with a 1.7 60ft and still spun of the line some

last pass i lowered the tire pressure and it spun bad 12.79 @107.90 with a 2.204 60ft

my carb is still not tuned all the way , so i will be working on that and on the way home from the track it has a pop and miss so i will be changing the plugs and taking a compression test. i hope all is well and its something minor

i will painting it soon , i think im going dark shadow gray and powdercoat the draglights black

ok finally the thread is not worthless lol heres some pic updates
View attachment 265000

quick fuel q 650 carb , its nice still getting use to tuning it

trackpics013.jpg

3inch cowl , i traded the cobra r for
View attachment 265002

summit sport seats , there pretty nice

that takes care of the winter stuff i did besides new plug wires