Project Short-Lived Stallion in Progress

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
well Since i havent had alot to do, in between semisters, i decided to work on my n/a nitrous project "Short Lived-Stallion". Those who have been following my post know, i started with the usual prep on nitrous....autolite 103's (i believe either 2-3 ranges colder gaped at .35) and that was it! I rigged up the 50hp shot and was amazed :crazy: how much a differnce it made! so, the next Just in Case mod ,didnt want to lean out becuase of a stock fuel pump. So i morning i decided to drop in my 255lph fuel pump, the strapped on the 125hp shot, Pretty Dang FAST (comming from someone who has never driven a 5speed FAST car). i also retarded the timing to 8* for the 125hp shot. I felt it falling off at the top end of 3rd gear, i think it was partialy due to getting low on Nitrous, i also come to find that the last time i put in the 125hp pills i had wiggled the top of my intake out of the rubber connector on the elbow. i think that is what i was feeling when it would go then stop at higher rpm's, i think the t/b was pulling air through that opend rubber, instead of my nitrous fog! WELL OK, I was happy to find that ;) well getting home tonight i'm thinking of trying out the 150 or the 175hp shot, just too see how it goes....i hope my motor doesnt get :owned: . after the first few shots, i would say i think my motor is running BETTER, than before the nitrous, seems to pull more even through the ranges (without nitrous) than it did before, wich is strange ! Well, if my motor keeps up with the abuse, hopefully ill get some footage of a quick race between my nitrous stang and my buddies stang (eithers the 5.0 or the v6)...guess we will see how tough this motor really is!

• Sponsors (?)

If I recall correctly, the MM&FF "project white trash" where they tried to blow up an NA with nitrous, they went up to a 175 shot. They ended up destroying the spark plugs, and broke a few ring lands. That is really amazing when you think about it.... that is like spraying a 5.0 with a 375 shot. :eek:

ive got 183,000 miles on it, im using autolite #103's , picked them up at kragen.... if u go to get them, u have to ask for them, cuz they are not stock replacement part for a 2.3. I am using a Nitrous Works WET fogger kit (very generic, fits anything) its adjustable from 50-175hp shots. My stang is as listed in my signature. Its a 1987 lx hatch back 5 speed. If you are going to spray your daily driver, i wouldnt suggest over a 80hp shot on a stock fuel pump. I put in a 255lph fuel pump before i went higher than 80hp. pump cost me 100 bux shipped , took me bout 2 hrs to install using basic tools and no previous exspericnce! Total cost so far is as follows
2.3 mustang, free...i love graduating!
used nitrous kit with Wide open throttle switch =245$ shipped
Walbro 255lph fuel pump =100$ shipped
Nitrous Fill on a 10lb bottle =28$

I will get footage of the 150hp shot, but i think it wont be for a few weeks, as i want my turbo motor ready for a swap .....just in case! I think she will hold though, shes been tough for so long!