Progress Thread Project Silver Fox - 3rd time’s a charm

• Sponsors (?)

All loomed up. Got clutch and throttle hooked up today, well as the gauge pod and misc gauges. About 98% done now.

8CE7A026-3922-4888-AC0F-48FEE21E75E4.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
whats the idle speed at?
Right about 950. I’m going to work on bringing it down some. I’m not super concerned about it right now. Did some pulls to about 4500rpm today and it went well. Going to add a bit more fuel at the top end and hopefully I’ll be able to bring it up to redline tomorrow.
I moved my timing table over from quarterhorse. Car is definitely happier than with the supplied table with the tune.

5730F41A-78A2-4BCA-BE7F-389BD29A6039.jpeg

Car got a bath today as well as a little glaze

Also had a small little mishap where my new air filter fell off. The power pipe puts the filter pretty close to the wheel and they decided to get acclimated with each other :doh:
Was kind of :poo:ty to cut apart the way-too-expensive pipe to modify it to work, but it had to happen. Took 2 inches off and rotated the inlet about 25* to bring it further from the tire. Still close but I think I’ll be fine....maybe haha.

Now just to figure out what I’m going to do with the hood. There’s a small area on the rear drivers side corner where it’s got some delam going on. May need to do a repair with some fiberglass and some caul plates. Been a hot minute since I’ve done any layups, and I For sure don’t miss it at all. Then hopefully get some paint on to match.

Anyone know the screw size/thread for the gauge cluster trim? The ones that are kind of below the windshield.

Finally did something today.

8B174E96-C34E-44C8-8B3C-46446E83E2EF.jpeg

Been waiting on some nice weather to drive the car back up to our shop and install the kit. After having lines that were too short, and some issues with finding fittings locally it’s finally on. I made the brackets to mount directly to the top plate on the box upper, which actually worked well. I’ll take some detail pics tomorrow.

Tough as :poo: to change jets in the back. I’ll try and snap a picture to show. Tomorrow I’ll be ordering some lines and fittings to extend everything so I can change jets without pulling the damn upper intake off lol. That or go with a throttle body plate - who knows.

Tomorrow hopefully I’ll clean up the wiring and put everything in it’s proper place

Reactions: 1 user
Went to a friends house today, he’s a pretty badass car builder - and has a set of scales

Car was weighed with a full tank of gas and nitrous. I think there’s still a good that can be shaved without much trouble. Anything under 3000lbs is what I was shooting for so I’m happy though.

391D6E29-A980-418B-96BE-9E5FAB7B60F9.jpeg

Now that it’s getting a bit warmer hopefully the local track opens up. Already burned through 2 nitrous bottles in a week :D Going to be a spendy summer.

Went through and cleaned up some wiring too. Getting there.

9E8EE955-B953-40F2-9DBF-7C7D3E745D71.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Hey since you a nitrous guy, I know you have a wet system installed but I built a spreadsheet for nitrous pw adders for dry systems. I need someone to try it out.
I’d be willing to try it out.

I’ve got the wet system really well dialed in right now. And since my plate is pretty much a direct port system as-is, there isn’t too much of an advantage to switching to wet.

Still willing to give it a go though.

I’d be willing to try it out.

I’ve got the wet system really well dialed in right now. And since my plate is pretty much a direct port system as-is, there isn’t too much of an advantage to switching to wet.

Still willing to give it a go though.
Excellent, I am going to send it in a pm. I dont want it getting into public rotation until it has been tested and verified.. if you need help with the nitrous settings in TS please let me know.

Excellent, I am going to send it in a pm. I dont want it getting into public rotation until it has been tested and verified.. if you need help with the nitrous settings in TS please let me know.
Looking forward to try it out.

Hell the nitrous settings in ts are about the easiest Things to comprehend. Honestly it’s worth going to megasquirt just for the progressive control.

@a91what
Sorry Steve, new cam came this weekend so the nitrous testing may have to wait a little bit. I’m going to be installing it tomorrow, and hopefully Tuesday Having it back on the Road.

Went ahead and ordered another custom grind - this time from Ed Curtis.

Here’s some info on it:

59A64F37-A444-4663-AA3C-3B605C681D23.png

I asked him to design something I could use with the springs already in the 11r heads. I’d like to make 600whp on this with the spray. Did a little 1/8th mile pull on the draggy (which is awesome) and hit 7.6 @ 98mph with 3400lbs in the car as I had a buddy using the app. Not too bad with street tires and not spraying in 1st at all.

Old cam is out, new one is in and degree’d. Was just under .5 degrees advanced, I can live with that since I can’t adjust anything under 1*. Should have it all buttoned up tomorrow. Valve spring compressor is giving me fits so I ordered another one to check Ptv. Once that’s confirmed good I’ll fire it up.

F043823A-9819-4EA0-979C-17251D23612C.jpeg

Zip ties save the day once again. Had to rig up a way to hold the lifters up so change the cam since you can’t pull link bars out with the heads on. Worked great.

I’m going with a valve cover breather setup as well now and will be ditching the pcv system. Having shop mate weld them up since my aluminum welding is leagues behind his lol.
Overall not a bad day for 6 hrs. An hr of which was spend dicking around with the damn cam timing pin. Damn new one wouldn’t press in all the way, so I had to pull the cam out, just to switch it for the pin which was in my original cam.

the joys of hotrodding.