Project T top notch painted and running

S&B

I hate my CT. :(
10 Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Cheesehead
Here are some pictures of the fresh painted t top coupe that you can actually see the car in.
I will keep you guys updated on what I do, but It will take me a long time so dont think this will be done in two 5 days like overhaulin.

it has a 5.0l in it and thats about it.

Picture006-1-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

No I had it painted, I needed alot of body work there was rust in the rear. I wanted it to look good so i left it up to the pro's, now i have to put it back together. here is one of the black wonder.
Picture001-3.jpg

sorry Project details

1981 coupe was a 4 banger
1992 running gear motor back with EFI
5 lug conversion cobra brakes up front
will have a black interior
2003 anniversary wheels
the color is Winning blue from a mazda, it sorta changes color when you look at it sometimes it looks white, the tints over to blue, its a very nice metalic color.

It will be a great car

sorry Project details

1981 coupe was a 4 banger
1992 running gear motor back with EFI
5 lug conversion cobra brakes up front
will have a black interior
2003 anniversary wheels
the color is Winning blue from a mazda, it sorta changes color when you look at it sometimes it looks white, the tints over to blue, its a very nice metalic color.

It will be a great car

AND you are going to put the 4 eyed nose back on right! peace

john:p

its a 4" hood.

Just got the blue one up in the air, have to undercoat it with some POR15. I have most of the interior, but it will probably take me a month to figure out where all these harness' go. I have an extra fox here to take apart and use as I build the blue one.

its a 4" hood.

Just got the blue one up in the air, have to undercoat it with some POR15. I have most of the interior, but it will probably take me a month to figure out where all these harness' go. I have an extra fox here to take apart and use as I build the blue one.

I've been contemplating over getting a 3" or 4" cowl for my 88 but after seeing your car I've decided...I'm getting the 4". That hood is so sexy on a coupe!

Well the car is up in the air all wrapped up and ready for work to begin. I have decided that it would be rather smart of me to start at the bottom and work my way up from here. I have put all the front brake work together and rear and painted it with black. As you see it did paint brand new cobra calipers all black, I hate how they say Cobra on them so hopefully it wont show.
Next im going to get the bottom painted up with some hurculiner bed liner This should make it nice a durable. At this rate I might have it done by the end of next week. Still working on the black one a bit so I dont have all the time in the world

Front 95 spindles with Cobra calipers and discs
Picture003-2.jpg

Rear 85 SVO w/ 373's
Picture001-4.jpg

I dunno if I like this but I put a 03 focus wheel on the car, might actually fit in okay we'll see
Picture004-1.jpg

Car
DSCF0191.jpg

Huh, I actually like that Focus wheel on it. Something different but it looks very comfertable. Since you have the brakes with the raised "COBRA" instead of the recessed version how about just taking a grinder to it and grinding it off? Its such a nice brake system on a Fox, with a car that is gonna be as nice as that one when its done I would want to show off the brakes. Grind off the "COBRA" and paint them a nice color to contrast against that car :shrug:

Just my .02

That is a good idea and I though of it, but I dont want to do it while the brakes are on the car. and knowing me after using the grinder I will have alot of other "touch up " work to do

Ya know its only two bolts and a banjo bolt and they come right off the car, duck soup. :shrug:
And yeah, I could see the hesitation. I know I could easily grind off the lettering but it may not have a "finnished" look when I was done. I am not great at metal work :(
But looking at them.... just seems that it would be really easy and with a few coats of red or blue paint and they would look killer :drool:

Another question, why didnt they paint the t-top area? I am a T-top n00b so IDK if plastic pieces cover that area or what :shrug:

no thats a good question, the t top area will be painted with the rest of the trim I think it will have a better look than having it all painted. the caps that go over the t top area are like alum. so I will have to rivit them back in and then paint them while they are on the car. I was thinking of doing it before I put them on but then all the rivets wouldn't be black.

I have a ton of trim to paint so I am going to find what I need and then paint it all in one foul swoop.

They do make black rivits. I got some from Texas Mustangs when I did my door handles. Man I am really anxious to see the finnished product. :nice: