Project Web Site updated!

estevaf

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2001
São Paulo, BRAZIL
Hello there.

I hope the new year is treating all of you right! 2004 is going to be the year when I will finish my project!

This is just to let you know that I have just updated my Project Web Site.

Please, pay a visit to the Web Site and sign my guest book. I want to share the joy of having the project approaching its conclusion with you guys. It would have been impossible carry out this project in Brazil without all the great help that I get here! :hail2:

There has been interesting progress in November/December. I have even included a movie (for those of you who have the bandwidth) where you can see the engine running. (sorry for the poor audio, though :( )

Have a great 2004! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Andre, your car looks GREAT. Your restoration is one of the best I've seen on a II. Keep up the great work. It's nice to see someone put this kind of effort into restoring a II to OEM specs. I thought myself and Jon were the only ones crazy enough to do it :).

I could not find the video though.

CobraIILover said:
Andre, your car looks GREAT. Your restoration is one of the best I've seen on a II. Keep up the great work. It's nice to see someone put this kind of effort into restoring a II to OEM specs. I thought myself and Jon were the only ones crazy enough to do it :).

I could not find the video though.

Thanks for your comments, Sal! Coming from you it is a great honour!
I really like my MII. So, count me in the Crazy Club :D

Today (I am taking this week off :nice: ) I installed the trunk carpeting (clike here to see today´s picture) which has been custom made. I bought the carpet and vinyl and cost me only 10 bucks in labor to have it made! I have then added the sound deadening felt myself and it looks great now!

Regarding the video: You are right. I worked until late yesterday to fine tune the web page and forgot to upload the new version to the server :bang:

It is there now (anyway, click here to view it - 1.8MB)

Take care!

jeffnoel said:
Very nice website, your engine bay is one of the cleanest I've ever seen. What speakers do you have mounted in the doors?

Thanks, Jeff.

You have noticed the speakers, uh?

I have installed the new speakers hoping to get better sound from the factory 8-track player. They did not help to much :rolleyes: , but they sure look cool. I still have the original speakers and they still work. I did not want to add speakers (e.g., 2 in the back) ´cause I want the car as close to the OEM specs as possible so I was trying to give a try by intalling modern speakers.

These speakers are Explosound´s XS-4600R. I have chosen them because they were the only ones flat enough to allow the windows to run free. They are about the same height of the originals.

speakers

If you really really want great sound out of your MII guys, my advise is to get what I got. I have Boston Acoustic Mids and Tweets in mine. Part #RC61LF. Says below that part# CI 059922. They sound sooo good you have no idea. They are (2) 6" 1/2 mids and (2) 1" dome tweeters. Mount the dome tweeter with there angle mounts on the kick panel and face them right at you. They come with crossovers. You won't be disapointed.

Dan

speakers

I actually won 3rd place in a sound compitition with my MII using those speakers. The sound quality is absolutely amazing. You obviously will have to run an amp, as they are very powerful speakers. I beleive they take 120Watts each. At the time I was also running (2) 12" JL compitition W4's in a JL bandpass box. Which was way to much. But if you run those Boston Acoustics with (2) 10" subs you will have a very nice sound. It won't be to much.

Dan