Projector Headlights with HID Fogs

V6muscle00

Apr 11, 2006
nj
Alright i gotta ask everyone's opinion on headligts.. first i gotta explain my situation

I've got 8000k HIDs in my headlights and foglights but the fogs fell out. I wanna put the fogs back in with real HIDs. I also need a new driver side headlight. I know HID kits can cost anywhere between 300 and 500 bucks and i wasn't really wishing on spending that much on my fogs. So while i was searching on ebay i came across projector headlights. i know they're more expensive than regular headlights but i was thinking of putting them in and moving the HIDs i have in my headlights to the fog lights. Can anyone tell me how this would look? Idk if it would look retarded or if they'd go well together. thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

First, do you have OEM fog lights (i.e. like on a GT front bumper cover) or aftermarket ones. If you have the OEM style fog light assemblies the HID headlight bulbs will not directly fit into them because the bulb bases are not the same.

I personally would not run HID fog lights and halogen bulbs in the headlights, whether or not they are projectors. If possible run true HIDs in both the headlights and fog lights....I do.

I've seen the projector's on a 2000+ Stang on my way to work that is always parked at a local tint shop. They look alright in my opinion, but not something I would drop that kind of cash on. But hey...it's only money and if you got it...spend it like its hot!

i've actually only got one fog light in place right now so i need to buy new ones anyway.. do u know where i could find the right fog lights for the HIDs to fit? secondly i was actually doing this to save money since id have to pay a ridiculous amount for the HID kit for the fogs anyway i was just wondering how it wud look with the projectors. i figured the projectors wud look better than oem style headlights maybe if i put in xenon bulbs? thanks guys

Don't use the xenon "HID Lookalike" bulbs sold on eBay and other places. They draw far too much power compared to true HID bulbs or stock halogens, and as a result are very bad for the long-term health of your headlight wiring harness.