Prothane Motor Mounts - Taller or Shorter than stock?

Khyron

Oct 20, 2006
Lincoln, NE
Hey all,

I have the prothane "bullet" motor mounts on my car, and am getting ready to add a Super Shaker intake. Does anyone know if the prothane motor mounts are taller or shorter than the stock mounts? If they are taller and raised the engine higher, I fear I'm going to have to put the stock mounts back in. Anyone know?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

i do not see any designation of them being any different than stock height.

i did fill out the contact us form and ask for you. also asked (again) for them to make a tranny mount.

They are approximately 1/4" higher than stock. Many people have them lathed down 1/4" to make them stock height and up to 3/4" for dropping the engine 1/2".

Well I was able to answer my own question by just comparing the Prothane mounts to the stock mounts. As you can tell from the photos, they are nearly identical in height. When measuring, the stock mount is actually 1/64th of an inch taller. So there you have it. Engine height should not be affected.

View attachment 254862

View attachment 254863

AH HA!! But how do we know that the table is level,, hmmmmm? JK :D

Well I was able to answer my own question by just comparing the Prothane mounts to the stock mounts. As you can tell from the photos, they are nearly identical in height. When measuring, the stock mount is actually 1/64th of an inch taller. So there you have it. Engine height should not be affected.

View attachment 254859

View attachment 254860

Now explain this to me, what happens when you put the motor weight on it? Rubber squishes more then poly. Go ahead say it......D'OH!!!! Lol. The Prothanes do raise the motor slightly. Did on mine at least when I installed my LT's

Now explain this to me, what happens when you put the motor weight on it? Rubber squishes more then poly. Go ahead say it......D'OH!!!! Lol. The Prothanes do raise the motor slightly. Did on mine at least when I installed my LT's

Agreed.. So now the question is, just *how much* of a difference is there with the weight of the motor on the mounts? ;)

When I installed mine it raised the engine almost 1/2 inch and caused all kinds of fitment problems with my cold side piping. It took a couple of days to figure out it was the mounts that were causing all the problems. I ended up going with the JDM lowered mounts and everything lined up correctly.

Earl

Good news! The Super Shaker is now on the car with the full height Prothane motor mounts. It definitely is a slightly tigher fit, but nothing to worry about. The plan was to put the Super Shaker on and check the fitment. Then if needed, put the stock mounts back on. Fortunately, clearance is totally fine and everything fits great.

I imagine the extra 1/4" height is a real issue when trying to install items like long-tube headers. However for the Super Shaker, it was just fine. This made me happy because I really didn't want to put the stock mounts back in!