Proud New Owner of a 2001 Cobra

spyne

Dec 13, 2004
Fairfax, VA
As of today I'm the proud new owner of vehicle # 2903 of 3867. It's a 2001 graphite coupe with 22K miles. It's bone stock mechanically, thought it does have 18' Momo wheels with Eagle F1 tires. I can't wait to get some tags and take it out for a nice long drive in the countryside. :D

I'll post some pics once I get a chance.

• Sponsors (?)

spyne said:
As of today I'm the proud new owner of vehicle # 2903 of 3867. It's a 2001 graphite coupe with 22K miles. It's bone stock mechanically, thought it does have 18' Momo wheels with Eagle F1 tires. I can't wait to get some tags and take it out for a nice long drive in the countryside. :D

I'll post some pics once I get a chance.
congrats on the cobra where bouts u from buddy?

I looked at this thread because I to was looking at a 2001 cobra and noticed same year and everything. Then I noticed that it was graphite and had the 18' momo wheels. Then I noticed where you were and how much you paid for it :( I've been looking at your cobra online for the last two weeks and trying to save up the cash for it. I live in Sterling and was about $4k short or else it would be mine. What are the chances of somebody else from stangnet buying it. :shrug: Anyway, congradulations on the cobra and get some pics up asap :SNSign:

glitch1985, I'm sorry I stole your car, but I guess it's just a case of first come first served. I've had the car for 4 days but today was the first time I was able to take the beast out for a real drive and I have to say it was a blast.

I drove my son out to the bus stop in the car this morning and he asked if I could get on it a bit so his friends could hear the exhaust. Well, I gave it a bit too much gas and dropped the clutch a bit too hard and lit up the tires, slid a bit sideways and took off like a bat out of hell. All of this at a bus stop in front of a bunch of parents from my neighborhood. Needless to say, I have a half dozen nastygrams on my answering machine this evening.:D

I'm going to try to get some pics up this weekend.. It's been dark every night whan I get home and the car just blends into the background ;-)

Nastygram is a variant on telegram, strip-o-gram, candygram, etc. Basically, I got a bunch of messages from my neighbors complaining to varying degrees about the example I was setting by leaving 30 feet of rubber while leaving the bus stop. As well as the potential danger I was exposing them to had I managed to run over one of them in the process.

Nice find...I love 01 Cobras..the wheels and that body style are great. Too bad they didn't have a solid rear, but not everybody cares about drag racing. nice ride man!!! welcome:SNSign:

SVT32VDOHC said:
Nice find...I love 01 Cobras..the wheels and that body style are great. Too bad they didn't have a solid rear, but not everybody cares about drag racing. nice ride man!!! welcome:SNSign:

..how right U R amigo. though when its time teh rip she's ready, thats fer sure.

btw.....congrats on yer new snake spyne :nice:

spyne said:
Many thanks to all for the nice comments. FriedChicken, lowering springs are on the short list for first mods I want to do. :D

Oh, don't forget the stainless steel rear bumper letters for the word "COBRA" I have those on my 96, and man I don't know why I had the car for 4 years without them...(maybe because they weren't out till like 2 years ago..:rlaugh: ) Those letters really make your car unique.