Proud new owner of a 2002Ford lightning..Traded in the Wrangler-thank god!!

gruvee87vertgt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Chicago, Il
SO I was tired of driving a box on wheels...I was tired of the harsh and not so nice ride of the wrangler....so I traded it in for a 2002 Lightning with 77k miles for my 2001 4.0 wrangler with 56k miles.

I am happy!! this **** has room for me and is fast as a Muther!!!!!

heres what I got....I am glad to be back in the Ford Family!!!

http://cars.com/go/search/detail.js...nding|Y-_2001_|X-popular|Z-60608&aff=national

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome, congrats! I want a Lightning for a daily too, but the way gas is going I can't see myself throwing all that money at it weekly. So live it up for me buddy! :rlaugh:

yeah...thanx for the encouraging words of inspiration......after thinking and thinking it apears the truck would benifit me in the long run with the chit I do on the side/construction. and the insurance was cheapper!!

is it strong? i wish i could buy one.. i love those trucks.. nice buy!

man, this truck keeps suprising me.....it's not only quick off the line and quick on the e way....basically its a all around fast azz truck.....it peels out without trying and I thought it was gonna be terriable in the rain.....I drove it home in storming heavy rain the night home from the dealer and it was fine....I kinda think driving the Stang in the Snow better perpared me for this...

man, this truck keeps suprising me.....it's not only quick off the line and quick on the e way....basically its a all around fast azz truck.....it peels out without trying and I thought it was gonna be terriable in the rain.....I drove it home in storming heavy rain the night home from the dealer and it was fine....I kinda think driving the Stang in the Snow better perpared me for this...

stangs are the ultimate tests.. especially if you have nittos on them.. a light touch on the throttle, 3.73s, 2nd gear and rain makes for a hell of a fish tail :D