Proud New Owner!

Alaric

Aug 20, 2005
Manassas Va
Hello all!

I am new to stangnet. Firstly, I just wanted to say what a great site you guys have here! I have lost many hours of sleep, and have been slacking at work trying to absorb everything on here!

I just bought a new (well new to me) 00 GT 5 speed. (laser red! Yummy!). 30k miles on it. I just had some basic questions. Now that shes in my care, I want to start it out right. The background ... live in Northern VA. (so those of you in the area know traffic and weather patterns).

1) what grade/bran oil/filter would you reccomend
2) Tranny fluid
3) The best wait to tune it for 91 octane. (either myself or a good shop recomendation would be great)
4) A dyno

I would like to dyno it just to see what it does before I start modding it. My goal is to keep it street legal, and a daily driver, yet enough power to be respectable at the track.

Thanks again for the great site and all the awesome info!

• Sponsors (?)

Most people on here including myself run Mobile One 5w30 Synthetic with the motorcraft oil filter. My car is supercharged and I've run this set-up for 30,000 miles with no leaks and no trouble.
Also, I had the dealer install Motorcraft synthetic transmission fluid in my five-speed. It works great.

Congrats and welcome!

Laser Red > ALL

1) Motorcraft 5W-20 oil with Motorcraft FL-820S filter (most people here use it)
2) Motorcraft Mercon V ATF
3) Predator
4) Check yellow pages

Do not mod it, do not take it to the track it will be worth more. Matter of fact to really maximize your re-sale value do not even drive it... :D

Kilgore Trout said:
Congrats and welcome!

Laser Red > ALL

1) Motorcraft 5W-20 oil with Motorcraft FL-820S filter (most people here use it)
2) Motorcraft Mercon V ATF
3) Predator
4) Check yellow pages

Do not mod it, do not take it to the track it will be worth more. Matter of fact to really maximize your re-sale value do not even drive it... :D

LOL! Wont happen! Cars are made to be driven, but I think I will keep the mods on the easy side so as to keep some value in it. Who knows though! Thanks for all the great input, quick question about the Predator, is it pretty easy and straightforward to use? Do you guys happen to have a tech article on it I can read? Thanks!

Alaric said:
LOL! Wont happen! Cars are made to be driven, but I think I will keep the mods on the easy side so as to keep some value in it. Who knows though! Thanks for all the great input, quick question about the Predator, is it pretty easy and straightforward to use? Do you guys happen to have a tech article on it I can read? Thanks!
Oh yeah, you just plug it into the ODBII port and you are good to go!

Handheld engine programers are great to have and allow you to learn a great deal about your engine and transmission. Do a forum search and use the manufacturer's website and Google to find out even more.

Also, I should tell you that even though my personal preferance is the Predator, I have never actually owned one and there is another company that makes a competing product: SCT.

DUDE i was going through your parent directory cause i accidentally clicked it and you have a picture of a billboard from saskatoon, im going to school there next year and its like an hour from where i am :p.
gods-creatures.jpg

welcome to stangnet, enjoy your time here, the search is your best friend, theres a wealth of knowledge but finding it is a pain in the ass.

Alaric said:
Hello all!

I am new to stangnet. Firstly, I just wanted to say what a great site you guys have here! I have lost many hours of sleep, and have been slacking at work trying to absorb everything on here!

I just bought a new (well new to me) 00 GT 5 speed. (laser red! Yummy!). 30k miles on it. I just had some basic questions. Now that shes in my care, I want to start it out right. The background ... live in Northern VA. (so those of you in the area know traffic and weather patterns).

1) what grade/bran oil/filter would you reccomend
2) Tranny fluid
3) The best wait to tune it for 91 octane. (either myself or a good shop recomendation would be great)
4) A dyno

I would like to dyno it just to see what it does before I start modding it. My goal is to keep it street legal, and a daily driver, yet enough power to be respectable at the track.

Thanks again for the great site and all the awesome info!

Welcome to the club Alaric!

1. PENNZOIL SYNTHETIC 5W-20, K & N ( can't remember filter # )
2. PENNZOIL SYNTHETIC BLEND
3. SCT handheld
4. Check your local speed shops, Yellow Pages, and internet. :nice: