Ptk Turbo Install Complete

94TURBO5 O

Mar 14, 2004
VA
I would have to say that if I had a lift it would have went a lot smoother and oh yeah a saw to cut the damn hole in the fender. It took me about 10 hours total time to install it with just some simple directions.

PTK 002.jpg

It's a well designed kit and the quality IMO is very nice. I'm impressed with it very much and don't know why I didn't do this sooner.
I bought it used but in excellent shape and WOW is all I can say everytime I drive it.
It might just be me but I swear also that the front feels a lot stiffer with it (exhaust) all tied together in the front.

PTK 003.jpg

I pulled off my chrome alternator b/c of the heat next to it now and I'm going to polish the hell out of this baby. I just wanted to get it installed first then tune all the bugs out.
I'm prob going to paint the cold side piping colorshift or powdercoat it blue.

PTK 001.jpg

Of course the IC will be polished soon also. :D

I will be ready to start on my project 357 soon and this kit should be right at home on the new motor.

• Sponsors (?)

BTW I give a lot of respect to you DIY guys b/c this would be a PITA to bend, weld, measure and test fit all those frigg'n pipes. I had to ajust them several times to get them to fit under the nose and this was already made specific. I could not imagine trying to fab one of these together by hand, so RESPECT to all you DIY turbo designers/engineers. :nice:

Amazing JR. So glad you got it all finished it. It looks awesome. But theres only one problem with the install that I see....

Not everything is polished before you posted pics. I'm totally saving these pics and bringing them back down the road to make fun of you. haha. Just kidding. Hope to see you over on TM.com more often now.

Jeremy

DARK-5.0 said:
I'm totally saving these pics and bringing them back down the road to make fun of you. haha. Just kidding. Hope to see you over on TM.com more often now.

Jeremy

I was afraid of this happening. :bang: It means that I will have to work extra hard to get to spec. :flag:

This kit is from Pro Turbo Kits in San Antonio, TX.
I bought it off a real nice guy off of TM, Blue95GT (Mike). His plans are having a custom kit fabbed for his car so he sold this one.
LOL, I decided to get the turbo after reading a thread on here a month ago about turbos. Jeremey hooked me up with the classified about this kit for sale when I replied I wanted a turbo now after reading that turbo thread. It took me a few weeks to get here but to order a new one is like a 6-8 month wait and I have no kind of patience for that so used is fine. He kept it in excellent condition. He was asking I think $3800 when I chimed in plus 1/2 shipping costs. We ended up with $3400 shipped in the end and he was super with the transaction, almost a dream deal! The equivilent to this kit would prob be around $5-6K brand new (Outlaw Kit)from them.

I've got it tuned pretty well so far with the P.M.S but it's for sale in the next month or so and I'm going with an SCT tune and a damn CAGE for this thing finally. I plan on beating the piss out of this motor and the other long blong I have sitting here from the 93. The 357 I'm hoping to be done this summer and I'm at the mercy of my machinist on that.
I sold the Vortech already to Chris and the KB went back to it's original owner. I have to say Turbos for me for now on, I AM ADDICTED! :hail2:

Oh I think that with the Stalker front, the intercooler will flow alot better than what it does now b/c it is semi-obstructed. It's air to air so the radiator fan draws in a good amount to the intercooler.