Public Service Announcement...

jrp27540

Sep 9, 2016
I have to vent a bit here. If you are going to do any modifications to your car, take the time to do the required research in order to it CORRECTLY! One day, someone else may buy your car and will have to spend hours trying to trace down issues that are caused due to your lazy and inadequate modifications.

I have spent months fixing and undoing modifications done by the PO that have caused multiple issues. Please do not be a that guy/gal to someone else.

Most resent example; the car has had ground issues with the battery relocation to the back of the car. I ended up pulling out the battery and the jankity battery bracket in order to trace down the wiring job for the ground. Once I pulled the carpet back, I quickly noticed that the PO drilled right through the fuel pump/fuel sending unit wire harness.... The dude just drill the holes straight to the carpet without even looking at what was underneath it! Odd thing as well...the fuel gauge has never worked since I have owned the car. Fortunately I found the issue and was able to fix the wiring as well as fixed his inaccurate ground wiring job for the battery. Pictures below for your enjoyment.

In short if you do a job, PLEASE take the time and do it right....Or don't do it at all.

Attachments

• IMG_20170414_103049.jpg
    IMG_20170414_103049.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20170414_103302.jpg
    IMG_20170414_103302.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

My previous car had all types of hackeage done to it. There were wires everywhere held together with house " screw on " connectors. Screws were screwed everywhere in the trunk for a " custom " sound system. The poor thing had layers of car alarm boxes and wiring. The radio was straight wired. I'm surprised it didn't burn to the ground. :flame:

Reactions: 1 user
I have to vent a bit here. If you are going to do any modifications to your car, take the time to do the required research in order to it CORRECTLY! One day, someone else may buy your car and will have to spend hours trying to trace down issues that are caused due to your lazy and inadequate modifications.

I have spent months fixing and undoing modifications done by the PO that have caused multiple issues. Please do not be a that guy/gal to someone else.

Most resent example; the car has had ground issues with the battery relocation to the back of the car. I ended up pulling out the battery and the jankity battery bracket in order to trace down the wiring job for the ground. Once I pulled the carpet back, I quickly noticed that the PO drilled right through the fuel pump/fuel sending unit wire harness.... The dude just drill the holes straight to the carpet without even looking at what was underneath it! Odd thing as well...the fuel gauge has never worked since I have owned the car. Fortunately I found the issue and was able to fix the wiring as well as fixed his inaccurate ground wiring job for the battery. Pictures below for your enjoyment.

In short if you do a job, PLEASE take the time and do it right....Or don't do it at all.
What?....and deny you the satisfaction of having repaired the disaster? I just couldn't do that to you....sorry......

Reactions: 1 users