Pulled cam out of 351W, Crower 15600? no part number?

IndyBlk5.0

Nov 24, 2003
New Whiteland, IN
Just like the title says. I pulled the cam out of my 351W tonight to find out what it is... The only things is says is Crower b-288-H and then on the other end it has the number 15600. I cant find this cam for the life of me! Need specs. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The best way to know for sure is to slide that bump stick back in, put a degree wheel on the bad boy, set up a dial indicator and measure peak lift, LSA, durations at .006" lift and .050" lift, and the actual valve timing events. Even if you have a model number, the possibility always exists that someone had the cam reground using that as a core - unless you bought it new. But that's unlikely - or you'd probably have the data you seek.

You'll need 'em to degree one, and they can be used to check p to v. You can get inexpensive versions of degree wheel, indicator and magnetic stand for less than $50 total. Especially with a cam that old - I think you'll be hard pressed to get reliable data on the specs; measuring it is really the only way to be certain about what you've got. And - you'll learn so much about how things actually work in that department.