Mar 30, 2005
illinois
only took me 2 hours to get it out.

100_0186.jpg

100_0187.jpg

100_0188.jpg

100_0189.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

holy big tires batman!! specs:? I feels kind of good you blew it up right? Its kind of like yeah i gots that grown man up unda my hood fool! it eats trannz for breakfast, yeah..... j/k lol

at least thats how I felt after I broke mine, I coulnt take the whining anymore, 3rd gear BOOM!! lol

what are the plans for the new unit? tremec I hope?

holy big tires batman!! specs:? I feels kind of good you blew it up right? Its kind of like yeah i gots that grown man up unda my hood fool! it eats trannz for breakfast, yeah..... j/k lol

at least thats how I felt after I broke mine, I coulnt take the whining anymore, 3rd gear BOOM!! lol

what are the plans for the new unit? tremec I hope?

ya, i think those played a little part in the trans breaking :p
not sure on what im gonna do yey. im thinking about getting the astro performance gear set and rebuilding it. its gonna be a while before the car goes anywhere tho. im BROKE!! and havnt been working for a little while cuz of said IV thing in my arm.

well it should be a 98+ unit, I think that Tremec bought the tooling from BW in 97, and I have a 97 unit still marked BW so... that should narrow it down some. I don't know why the tag data translates to a 5.0 unit like mentioned above though, so maybe I got my facts screwed up somewhere...

It's a 2.95 Z-spec transmission...rated 330 ft-lbs.

The ID tag has the part number on it

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=1879

Good trans, but not good enough i guess. What broke? Downside is you'll have to replace those parts with parts spec'ed for a 2.95 gearset. It's got a few unique parts as well, such as the Cobra pocket bearing design and a synchronized reverse

BTW...HOLY REAR TIRE BATMAN

What are earth are you blathering about? He never said that. He said he broke the input retainer on the one that came with the car, so he bought that one off a guy for $200.

correct

i broke the input retainer on the trans that came with the car, i pulled it out and fixed it and put it in my 86 mustang and sold it. then bought this trans for $200 and put it in my car. now its broke.

It's a 2.95 Z-spec transmission...rated 330 ft-lbs.

The ID tag has the part number on it

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=1879

Good trans, but not good enough i guess. What broke? Downside is you'll have to replace those parts with parts spec'ed for a 2.95 gearset. It's got a few unique parts as well, such as the Cobra pocket bearing design and a synchronized reverse

BTW...HOLY REAR TIRE BATMAN

dam, i knew it had to be a good trans because the synchros made funny noises when downshifting. like "schwweeeouuuwww" not a bad sound or anything.

not sure yet whats wrong. ill find out tomorrow. but i could put it in 3rd and let out of the clutch at a standstill and the car would stay running and not go anywhere.

tires are 28'' tall MT indy profiles. got em at a garage sale for $40

dam, i knew it had to be a good trans because the synchros made funny noises when downshifting. like "schwweeeouuuwww" not a bad sound or anything.

not sure yet whats wrong. ill find out tomorrow. but i could put it in 3rd and let out of the clutch at a standstill and the car would stay running and not go anywhere.

tires are 28'' tall MT indy profiles. got em at a garage sale for $40

Sounds like you blew 3rd gear, which means that 2.95 gearset is now toast. :(