...Pulleys not lining up....

nickmav70

Jan 27, 2010
Savannah Ga
Does anyone know which water pump pulley will work with this pulley configuration to make it line up... the one pictured sits too far forward... I am running a 3g alternator so the pulley sits further back since it has no external fan... but i would like to run a 6-rib belt... can anyone help me?:(

0107f199.jpg

1270513248.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem with my car when I put Roush pullies on it. I had to get a ford racing crank pulley spacer machined to match my water pump. then I shimmed my alternator to match. Good luck! It is frustrating when things that should be so simple work out like this!

nickmav70,
I may be missing something here, but..... Couldn't you just space your alternator forward to match the front sheave of the crank pulley? It looks like the front crank sheave matches the water pump pulley. Just my $.02.
HTH
Gene

nickmav70,
I may be missing something here, but..... Couldn't you just space your alternator forward to match the front sheave of the crank pulley? It looks like the front crank sheave matches the water pump pulley. Just my $.02.
HTH
Gene

the water pump does line up with the front track on the crank pulley... but the alternator lines up with the back track...

thats what i was hoping i could do but i cant think of how i could do it... does anyone know of an alternator mount that would bring the alt further forward?

in order to bring out the alternator you will need to make new spacers and in turn get longer bolts. from what i see you should need a total of 4? spacers? not sure there are three total on the main alternator bracket.

there are 3 spacers that are on it now... two on the water pump and one on the top bolt of the alternator... i would have to get spacers exactly the thickness they are now plus the difference between the front and rear tracks of the crank pulley

does anyone have an idea where i could find some... or do i need to get them machined custom?

there pieces of hollow aluminum tube or steel. you can get yourself some hollow steel pipe most hardware stores and get enough to cut em till you get the right spacing. Not hard just some basic measuring and trial and error on a custom piece. once you get it. right down the size and keep it somewere in case you loose one or need to make another one. Peace. Take your time and you'll get it.