Pulling a foxbody mustang motor

• Sponsors (?)

It’s not as daunting as it may seem. i dropped exhaust first and then the trans. Electrical is pretty straight forward as there’s really no duplicate connectors. Use some painters tape and a sharpie to mark everything and take a lot of pictures along the way for reference on reassembly. Bag and label all your fasteners and that will also simplify reassembly. FSM will also be worth its weight in gold but this site is also a wealth of knowledge. Take your time, take lots of pics, and label, label, label.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s not as daunting as it may seem. i dropped exhaust first and then the trans. Electrical is pretty straight forward as there’s really no duplicate connectors. Use some painters tape and a sharpie to mark everything and take a lot of pictures along the way for reference on reassembly. Bag and label all your fasteners and that will also simplify reassembly. FSM will also be worth its weight in gold but this site is also a wealth of knowledge. Take your time, take lots of pics, and label, label, label.
Ok thanks for the pointers! What does FSM stand for?

I repaired my towers last fall, it was my first time pulling a motor and it wasn’t bad at all. Started by removing center console to remove the shifter boot and shifter then onto removing exhaust, drive shaft(don’t forget to mark the drive shaft position) and trans. Then onto the engine...drained coolant and removed radiator and fan/shroud. From there I just took off as much as I could from the engine to make as much room as I felt I needed. I marked vacuum lines and wires with a white paint marker and yanked it out.

I highly suggest bagging and marking all the nuts and bolts. I didn’t and in the process I replaced as much worn out parts as I could find and after everything was back together I had 4 left over bolts that sent me into a panic thinking I forgot something vital but they were just the old engine mounting bolts I replaced.