Pulling engine for the third time.... remove the A/C this time?

Remove the A/C or not?

• Yes

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Republic, MO
It's always been a debate of mine on keeping the A/C or not. I've always bragged about the fact I have A/C on the car, but as my g/f reminded me. I rarely ever use it. Windows are always down. My daughter is turning 9.... so I'm not as worried about her anymore. It does get really hot and humid down this way. But the car isn't a daily driver anymore. It's basically a w/e toy. Especially with climbing gas prices. :nonono:

I just have a hard time pulling off a working A/C system. :p

Oh, what to do.... :shrug: The extra room in the engine bay would be nice.

• Sponsors (?)

are you that worried about a few pounds and couple of horses?

i'd keep it. not having it will just make you decide not to drive it when it is hot out.

more importantly, why are you pulling the engine again?

pulling the AC wouldnt net much HP gain however it would clean up the engine bay. i think its cool to have it tho....so to speak :p

i dont use my AC much either but if i took it off, i know i would miss it.

what about keeping it and while you have your motor out, maybe repaint it with some semi gloss and make it perty :shrug:

Not looking for HP gains. Looking for ease of working on the car. Plus I figured ditching the condenser would give better airflow to my radiator and tranny cooler.

I already painted it.

newengine7.jpg

Attachments

• newengine7.jpg
    newengine7.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 51
keep it. i still have mine in the car and it's not even charged and hasn't been for over 2 years now, but its still there for whenever i feel i want to charge it.

I posted this on my club website as well. One of my good friends made a very valid point. I don't turn on the A/C at my house unless it's 100+ degrees. I'm a "tightwad".

I would probably just get a shorter belt, and hack off the bracket over time like I did with the smog setup.

smog_bracket.jpg

Attachments

• smog_bracket.jpg
    smog_bracket.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 53
If its not an everyday driver Im sure your not gonna want the windows up when you go out for a drive, your gonna want everyone to see you rolling in your ride. Your gonna wanna hear the exhaust......your gonna wanna want the wind blowing in your face while you change gears I mean put it in drive lol!!! But yeah Im sure the extra cooling form not having the condenser in the way helps.....Well at least thats what Im hoping for