pulling motor, any ideas? tranny is stuck

screamin gt

5 Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
central CT
3 bolts on one side, 2 on the other, 2 on top as well. theyre all removed, tranny will not separate from the motor, not even a little bit.

this is 99 gt, manual trans.

the only thing I didn't remove that the haynes book says to is the starter which for some reason won't pull out. thats all unbolted as well and wiggles like it wants to come out but won't pull more than a 1/2 inch out. doesn't look like theres any clearance issues with the starter though.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

stator?

or you mean starter?

i think there was only 2 bolts on the starter:shrug:
Oh well...mispelled it but there are 3 on the starter. The third is a pain to get to. Reach over and around the top and you should feel it. The best method to get to it is to run extensions and a swivel between the k-member and the engine and have another person guide the socket onto the bolt.

That is what is holding everything up.

Don't even bother replaceing it. I've had just two on my starter since my clutch install and no issues.

Oh well...mispelled it but there are 3 on the starter. The third is a pain to get to. Reach over and around the top and you should feel it. The best method to get to it is to run extensions and a swivel between the k-member and the engine and have another person guide the socket onto the bolt.

That is what is holding everything up.

Don't even bother replaceing it. I've had just two on my starter since my clutch install and no issues.

Yup, i did the same exact method.

Bah that engine, trans and even long tubs will come out togather. You just have to get 2x4 or some other convincing stick and work it a bit, I just did this last weekend. I hope your using an engine leveler. It makes it much easier.