Pulling motor .. few questions

1slo5ohh

Jan 25, 2009
Maryland
I traded my 00 GT rolling chassis for a stock 90 LX and im pulling the motor to put in a 347 in thats being built by Rick (RNH) now. I wanna yank the ac and emissions bs because its not going to be a daily driver just a weekend beater and have a couple things im not positive about and didnt want to just go rippin stuff out lol.

First thing I think is cruise control related but could be way off, its inbetween the strut tower and radiator on the pass. side..

View attachment 263890

This 90% sure is emission related and shouldnt need just wanted to double check, its on the pass. strut tower between it and the firewall...

View attachment 263891

Last is on the back of the upper intake manifold, they have two big connectors, this not sure what it is, assuming that its also emission related..

View attachment 263892

Any input would be cool.

• Sponsors (?)

first is charcoal cannister keep to trap fumes from gas tank, 2nd is emmissions stuff on shock tower you can eliminate some-keep the vacuum hoses and ball inside fender or your hvac won's work, 3rd the black and white things are for fuel injection keep them and the egr stuff unless you are doin a stand alone efi or going carb. egr will not hurt performance.

Do not remove or disable any of the emissions control equipment. Removing it will not make the car any faster. All it will do is make the computer angry and spit codes. Remove the wrong thing and the Check Engine Light will set and you will be in Limp mode with reduced power and economy.

Here's a book that will get you started with how the Ford electronic engine control or "computer" works.

Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control 1988-1993 by Charles Probst :ISBN 0-8376-0301-3.

It's about $25-$35 from Borders.com see http://www.amazon.com/ . Select boo... good, and I found it to be very helpful.[/b]

Thanks for the response .. I know keeping the emissions stuff wont hurt anything or hurt performance I was just going to remove it to clean things up a bit and since will pretty much only be weekend fun I figured screw it lol .. yeaaa I was kinda thinkin going carb but then I jumped the gun and just went ahead and ordered everything and got the ball rollin so ill run this set up for a while