pulling motor...

screamin gt

5 Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
central CT
got it about ready to come out... the manual says to "unbolt the exhaust from the engine" but do the stock manifold really need to come off first, it looks like it might make it out with them on, and givin the tendancy of those bolts to be problematic I'd rather do it with the motor out. plus it looks like its really going to be a PITA with the motor still in.

also if it is possible, how about getting the motor back in with some shorty headers on it instead of the stock manifolds?

also any suggestions for decent (hopefully cheaper side) headers? its got an x-pipe now, so I guess it would need to basically be a stock replacement to meet up with that pipe.

• Sponsors (?)

You do not need to remove the exhaust manifolds, simply ubolt the x-pipe from them and pull it out. It will easily clear everything. As far as recommending shorty headers either jba or ford racing, but there wont be monumental gains, longtubes are the way to go. The engine will also easily go back in with shorty's on, I put my engine back in with the longtubes on the engine so shorties should be no problem.