put the motor on the block

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
first off, this is not a for sale thread as i know those are not allowed in talk.

this is a thread to tell the people who have shared my ups and downs with my stang that i have decided to put the motor up for sale to see if there is interest in it. if it sells, i'll be selling the car as a roller.

there is a guy coming next weekend to look at it. he says might just take the whole thing as it and then pull what he wants from it.

i have a few reasons for doing this ...

- i promised my wife i would do it when she agreed about the fairlane
- i can use the money towards finishing the fairlane
- i have 5 cars on my insurance policy and it is killing me
- i have a child going to college next year and my other child will be in college in 3 years
- i've already got way more money in the car than i wanted to put into it starting out, and it will cost another 5 grand to finish it.
- it just doesn't make sense for me to have 2 black convertibles with big motors, and i have to choose the fairlane over the mustang

anyway, i just wanted to let you guys know ... this is my decision, my wife is not pressuring me to do this.

• Sponsors (?)

Chris, you are so whipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am only kidding brother.....I know how you feel on many of those topics.....having too many vehicles on insurance, kids, deciding on what to mod....I know you have been thinking about it for some time so at least it is NOT a whim.....I wish you the best with the sale.......since this is not a sale thread, I am just curious what you would you hope to get out of the roller, I hate to ask what the motor cost you to build and all the bugs being worked out.....anyway, let's keep the fingers crossed that the prospective buyer loves it and buys it as a whole.....let him deal with parting it out....

Will

oops, i just realized i put this in tech. i'm sure it will be moved soon enough.

you know, i have actually been afraid to add it all up, but the motor itself put me back at least 10 grand all told, and then the multiple transmissions and headers and all that probably added another 5 grand.

no, no update at all on the fairlane ... it has been sitting for a while now.