Putting dash back in , need wiring help

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
I have a pigtail on the drivers side firewall that I cannot find where it goes , it looks to be part of the headlight harness , its a gray pigtail and appears to only have two wires , its facing straight up but I cannot find a wire that connects to it , I will try to post a pic later tonight but I am hoping someone knows where it goes before I have to pull the dash back out , or if anybody has any detailed pics they can post up

I just found this pic , the pigtail is slightly out of frame of this picture , it would be in the top right of this photo , almost behind the insulation

driverssidewiring.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

MPS is correct. Ford did that to save money on parts - any dash will fit in any 94-95 Mustang. The Auto cars simply have a loop of wire on the other end of the connector - it bypasses the clutch pedal safety switch. So, if you want to be able to start the car without pushing the clutch pedal to the floor, put a jumper wire across the two terminals in that plug.

MPS is correct. Ford did that to save money on parts - any dash will fit in any 94-95 Mustang. The Auto cars simply have a loop of wire on the other end of the connector - it bypasses the clutch pedal safety switch. So, if you want to be able to start the car without pushing the clutch pedal to the floor, put a jumper wire across the two terminals in that plug.

Thanks guys , I knew stangnet wouldnt let me down