Putting lowered Stang up on ramps?

2002YellowGTGuy

Founding Member
Mar 25, 2002
Wisconsin
Guys-

I have a really dumb question. The 01 GT I recently bought was lowered 1.5-2" and this is my first sports car that I've had that was lowered other then my two vette's I've owned but I didn't have this problem with them. My issue is I have two sets of ramps one super heavy duty for my 350 and another for a regular car, neither of which I can drive my stang up on. Am I dumb or do I need a special set of ramps? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I have a set of ramps that work just fine. It has the little extension at the base of the ramp so it doesnt slip while trying to go up. I dont have any clearance issues and mine is lower than yours. I guess it depends how steep your ramps are.
I have to use ramps all the time. If I have to jack the front end up I use the ramps to get the front end up and then use a floor jack to get it on jack stands. I cant fit a floor jack under my car.

Check out RaceRamps.com

I got a set of these for Christmas back in '08. I used to do the 2x4 routine to change my oil...drive up on the 2x4s, place jack under car, and raise car. But since finding these RaceRamps, it's great. I just have the two-piece 56" ramps and they work great. They're lightweight, but definitely heavy-duty enough to support the car of course.

Wait for my Industrial Design senior thesis project to be done. I'm currently designing an inflatable jacking system for lowered cars. It will be badass and if anyone wants to sponsor my project and patent it they will make money. SOOOO many people would buy it!

They have something similar that is basically a big, inflatable bag. It has an inlet hose that attaches to the exhaust, so you run the car and inflate the bag, which then raises the car. It's pretty cool.

I've never seen them for low-sitting vehicles, only 4x4's. You are definitely on to something...:nice:

They have something similar that is basically a big, inflatable bag. It has an inlet hose that attaches to the exhaust, so you run the car and inflate the bag, which then raises the car. It's pretty cool.

I've never seen them for low-sitting vehicles, only 4x4's. You are definitely on to something...:nice:

Is it the Bushranger X-Lift? or the Titan? :rlaugh: I've got all these products permanently engraved in my brain. There are so many improvements with my product and seriously if someone had the money to invest in me, this would make a ton of money.

My car has a 1.5" drop and I have a set of ramps that work just fine, also have a floor jack that is only about 2 1/2" all the way down so it fits fine under the car. You just have to find the right tools to do the job.

I've got a set of (plastic) ramps, called Rhino ramps that work well on my (not too) lowered, but mach 1 chin spoilered stang. They're easy to handle and never slide as they have rubber feet to keep them in place.