Putting my engine together

• Sponsors (?)

Your definition of "way off" and my definition are pretty far apart. I consider the tune to be "way off" when the car won't even idle.

Kurt

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Steve @a91what , please disregard my initial email with the data logs. I realized I never hit "burn" when I input my injector size. so it was wrong. I have corrected it and will be sending data log in the morning (afternoon for you east siders). I bet it will run better.....

Chris

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Steve. And just to clarify to everyone. When I said on my initial startup that the tune was way off that is the base tune Stinger provided that I loaded up. NOT anything Steve has put together for me.

Chris

Last edited:
I picked up a bunch of quotes along the way... Lemme see here...

I do wish the ac hose didn't cut across the top corner, I've thought about getting the hose modified with a nice right angle to clean it up, that shouldn't effect the efficiency. RIght?
The Kenne Bell kits used to come with extensions. You just cut the ends off of the stock hoses and inserted a long straight piece with a couple of hose clamps. It allowed the thing to be tucked away. Any shop that can put wedges on a stainless line should be able to make replacement hoses if you wanted something 'shiny'. I think even Summit can make you one. Tell them the thread on each end, the length, and that it's A/C hose: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-06302-vug

And no; Longer lines don't make it less efficient.

Love the GT40 intake and I run the same heads on my motor now. I hope you have better luck then I did with an S Trim on my factory block...
IMG_20191129_085907_065.jpg

I was waiting for one of these to show up.

Got the car running and driving, working out some quirks at the moment but the engine is strong and has good power. I put some miles on it and changed the oil and filter. Cut the filter open and it was clean inside. No metal. I will now put maybe 500 miles on it and change oil again and inspect the filter one more time. So far so good.

Chris