Putting on CAI - need some advice

Hawk5252

Jun 4, 2007
I am looking at putting on a CAI with a 93 Octane tune on my 2005 Mustang GT. Question is: Will this void my warranty and will I have to remove to take into dealership for any service? I undersatnd that I may have to reflash back to the stock but concerned about complete setup...any advice..experiences or comments?

• Sponsors (?)

Depending on your dealer, they may try to void your warranty if you have a cai and tune installed. To be on the safe side, take the intake off and flash back to stock before taking it in for service. While they are supposed to have to prove that the mod actually caused the problem, it's better to just spend the 30 minutes and change back to stock, rather than having to deal with weeks of arguing.

It all depends on the dealer. The one I use told me that they will warranty anything as long as it does not directly cause the problem. Mine has a CAI and tune, I had to take it in for service for the rear end. Nothing was said other than it looking nice, and asking how much it helped.