Putting on sway bar bushings

JJHstang

5 Year Member
Sep 12, 2018
Fort Worth, TX
I got my 3/4" sway bar bushings. They are blue Moog thermoplastic. I have read that I should be able to replace without removing the sway bar.
I have not tried to install yet, they seem to stiff to slip on. Appreciate any advice and best way to get them on.

• Sponsors (?)

Grease is your friend when it comes to bushings. In fact, if you want to prevent squeaking with polyurethane bushings, they need to be greased anyway. I am not sure how thermoplastic compares to polyurethane, but I bet it will be similar. The less bind in suspension components the better. You will experience increased NVH if you install thermoplastic bushings though.

I worried for nothing. I had to cut the old one off. It was black rubber, very soft.
The 3/4” Blue Moog spread and slipped on pretty easy.
From what I have read these blue Moog bushings are made out of Thermoplastic and do not need any lubtrcation.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

It’s been a while since I purchased any. The end links have outlasted any of the rubber ones with the Addco sway bars.
Please keep us updated on squeaks with the plastic. I went with PST polygraphite last time to avoid squeaks when it is cool to cold. Plastic should make the bar act faster.