Putting too much though into a fuel pump

NIKwoaC

中國製造
15 Year Member
Oct 31, 2006
Chengdu Province
Help me out here, guys.

I'm looking into an aftermarket fuel pump for the '86. I'm struggling with a few different things:

1. Why the hell is there such a variance in the cost of 255 lph fuel pumps? Summit has a Walbro for $120, a BBK for $135, a Holley for $170, and an Accel for $220. What's the story here? Is there really that much difference in pumps? I thought the Walbro was supposed to be the bees-knees, why is it the cheapest?

2. What is the story with the Aeromotive 340lph "Stealth" pump? This thing is supposedly a bolt in deal that replaces the factory pump...? Anybody with some experience here? I was unaware that there were replacement pumps any bigger than 255lph...

Linky:

Aeromotive 11140 - Aeromotive 340 Stealth Electric Fuel Pumps - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Pic:

AEI-11140.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know how true this is but, I read on the forum somewhere that walbro makes the pumps for Holley & the rest. I think a walbro 225 can flow enough fuel to support near 600 crank HP as an N/A motor. Im not 100% sure on that. just stuff I have read. hope that helps.

I dont know how true this is but, I read on the forum somewhere that walbro makes the pumps for Holley & the rest. I think a walbro 225 can flow enough fuel to support near 600 crank HP as an N/A motor. Im not 100% sure on that. just stuff I have read. hope that helps.

I recently installed a BBK 190LPH pump, and it had WALBRO stamped into the side of it! So I would believe this also.