Q: Auto w/ 4.30 gears

dkshadow

Banned
May 12, 2003
TEXAS
Im definitely planning to do this since I dont have the money to go blown anytime soon. Just wondering what will my trap speed be with 4.30s? I might just give it a shot of nitrous, if i can save up enough to buy some :rolleyes:

Im sure It wont be too much. Im guessing Ill still have some MPH left in the 1/4, but, I might need new tires :D

• Sponsors (?)

For a n/a application, 4.30 gears are not too much. That much I agree with. I will be doing 4.30 gears myself. I even have the gears setting here in my living room floor. However, with nitrous, you may very well run out of gear w/ a 26in tall tire. For nitrous useage, you might have to step up an inch or two to gain those extra mph needed for 1/4 mile racing.

To determine your trap speeds based on rpms and tire diameter, here is a link to a gear calculator over at TCH racing. It will give you a pretty good idea as to what your top speed w/ 4.30 gears.

http://www.tchracing.com/tech/gearc...givenval=6000&givenvaltype=RPM&selectedgear=3

Dark Knight GT said:
For a n/a application, 4.30 gears are not too much. That much I agree with. I will be doing 4.30 gears myself. I even have the gears setting here in my living room floor. However, with nitrous, you may very well run out of gear w/ a 26in tall tire. For nitrous useage, you might have to step up an inch or two to gain those extra mph needed for 1/4 mile racing.

To determine your trap speeds based on rpms and tire diameter, here is a link to a gear calculator over at TCH racing. It will give you a pretty good idea as to what your top speed w/ 4.30 gears.

http://www.tchracing.com/tech/gearc...givenval=6000&givenvaltype=RPM&selectedgear=3
You think a 75 shot will be too much w/ 4.30s ?? :shrug:

dkshadow said:
You think a 75 shot will be too much w/ 4.30s ?? :shrug:

Im not much of a nitrous guy but I dont think it will be too much unless if youre trapping over 110 mph in the 1/4 mile. Which might be possible. Talk to Nitro Lew and Racer GT. They are both auto nitrous freaks lol. Nitro Lew is a member here on Stangnet. I dont know for certain if Racer GT is a member here or not(I think he is) but I do know he is a member over at Modular depot. Either of those guys can give you some good advice.

I had a guy in a Bronco pull up next to me and my buddy the other night in his car. The guy in the passengers side was like "Wanna race" ? As my friend went to reply, the guy in the Bronco was like "Wait, wait, wait. We have to hook the bottle up first". Then he pulled out a Bud light and said "Here we go"."A 100 shot of pure alcohol". :rlaugh:

If I had to give an opinion on nitrous, that guy in the Bronco said it best. :nice: