Quad City Area Mustangs

• Sponsors (?)

well I don't know if we could really get a get together started as you are the first one who has shown any interest. lol it would kind of be a lame get together with only 2 people. Just doesn't seem like there are to many QC Area stang owners on this website.

Yeah it was alot cheaper than I thought it was going to be.

Unfortunately I had to bring my stang out of Hybernation early due to problems to my explorer. Kind of annoying driving around with a Blown Header Gasket that is on backorder for 2 months lol.

Cool that looks like the same engine I had in my 85 Dodge 600 Turbo. It really halled azz for what it was I even beat a 5.0 but it was bone stock lol. Did you drop that engine in the Omni or did it come with that engine?

It is the same engine, they are both 2.2's, my Omni and your 600.

Your 85 would have been unintercooled "log" style intake manifold.

My car started as carburated naturally aspirated. It is now turbo with water/air intercooler, FAST fuel system, EDIS-4 ignition and alcohol injection. I also upgraded brakes and went to 5 bolt hubs. I've building it off and on now for a year and a half or better.

I also swapped in forged rods, full skirt pistons ported head/ported exhaust manifold, 2.5" exhaust, an EGT, oil cooler, and an did the entire engine harness (its nearly done, the parts that are done blend in and are hard to notice).

I actually have sort of done this swap twice in some respects. The first turbo setup was the non intercooled log style intake manifold, with a production EFI, it ran 14.8's in that trim at 11psi. This time its all of the above listed with a production tuned manifold (its hard to believe they put an untuned manifold on). The switch from the two intakes required all new everything which is why I may have gone overboard. I hope to be able to run 12's on street tires with the production turbo, it will be a challenge though. But I should be able to do it all afternoon on a road course or a drag strip as I've installed extra coolers/filters that they never came with.

Hopefully it will be a 100% streetable car with no sacrfices besides maybe ride quality, it handles flat insane, its 2500lbs with 205/50/15 rubber, or about 8" of tread on the corners.

Should be done in a month or two.

The Mustang won't get modded until its paid for, but you can imagine what kind of plans I have in mind. Its either go nuts on the Mustang, or go nuts on a Lincoln LS......it'll be a while.

At least its not a Honduh!

That is cool as hell I love seeing cars that most people don't normaly mod all modded up. I don't believe I still recognized that engine it was my first car about 10 years ago.

I kind of surprises me that the Omni ways 2500 I would have figured it weighed a lot less than that. Good luck with both the projects sounds like fun.

I would be up for a meet. Make sure you PM me when you set up a time, I am not on here alot, no respect for the v6's. I am buying a wrecked GT I think so that will all change, things are going to get crazy.

Anyone have any projects they are doing to their Mustang to get ready for Spring?

I am currently prepping my 3" cowl hood for paint. Probably gonna paint it up sunday since I just got done robbing every WalMart in the Quad Cities of Oxford White Paint. They are the only ones that have it and they only stock 3 cans at a time.

Well I wasn't gonna admit this but then I looked on the internet at the other cars specs lol.

I was going to Locust Street yesterday in Davenport when a 2005 Neon SRT Turbo got next to me and wanted to play at first I thought it was some kid trying to race his minimally modded 4 banger again lol but I heard the waste guage every time he hit the gas, so I said what the hell. We both went at it at about 40mph and were neck and neck all the way up to 110mph when I had to hit the brakes because of a van that popped up about 2 blocks ahead of me. I have never seen a race that fast that had no one pulling ahead or behind.

I went home and looked on the net at the cars specs and bone stock without the waste guage it runs a 14.2 with 0-60 time of 4.9 seconds which I know I could beat. I now can hardly waite to get out to Cordova because I am very curious of what my stang can run if it just stayed even with a car that run 14.2.

SRT's are pretty quick little ca.rs for no more than they are.

The only race I've lost on street nights at Cordova was to an SRT Ne.on. I clicked off a 14.1 @ 100 and got beat. (In my Must.ang)

Street nights at Cordova are pretty fun there's usually some neat ca.rs down there. Last year I saw a tur.bo'd Z06, looked like they did it themselves even, no kit.

I'll definatly send you a PM before I plan on heading down there.

V6 Must.ang's aren't something to make fun of, hell I play with 4 cylinder ca.rs more than about anything..... :)

Yeah I have been to numerous events at Cordova like that. I usually get matched up against a damn 9 second Chevelle or Camaro lol when all the other cars are honda that I could kill and have fun doing it to lol. Well talk to ya later.

Come on people we need to do a meet, I am getting in to a huge project (swap a 2003 gt engine into my 95 v6)
I have a boat load of stuff to sell to.
I have alot of questions for people, it sucks going from some I know (the V6) to the Modular Gt which is completely different all together.

If anyone is interested email me at [email protected] or PM me here, we need to get something organized.

The only project I have going on right now is putting some Oxford White paint on my 3" Cowl Hood so I can put it on my car. I know it is gonna come out with Orange Peel but I just wanted some paint on it before I installed the hood.

In a month or so I am going to order my Cobra Intake and 24lb injectors since I have stock injectors with a B303 cam. I am not totally sure on the Cam size but I have heard some 5.0 with different size cams and that is the one it sounds like the most.

Unfortunately the person I bought the car off of is not the one that built it so they didn't know hardly anything about it except for some guy in Port Byron that builds race engines rebuilt the engine lol.